Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Hunt 416 Sketches and Photos

I sketched in the travel sketchbook for Hunt 416.  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1385647 I realized then that I had numbered the iPad sketch of the shoes out of order.  What else is new?  I'm so busy hard to keep track, right?  No, we are retired and not busy.

Number 7, brushes - some of my watercolor brushes
Number 8, curves - Gene's iPhone holder that David made of steel coated in black.

Number 10, tree - I sketched 3 different kinds but hard to see in ink.  Left to right, a fir, a blue spruce and a pine.

Number 11, plant - some mullein.  A strange looking plant with yellow flowers on the long stem that are good for tea to help clear congestion.  I sketched it last year, too, with some color photos:
http://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/2014/07/sketches-hunt-369-and-photos.html
There is a double rainbow and deer photos in that post.  I won't put the same photos again.  Ha.

We went to Taos and met Lou (Bag Blog) and Toby  at the Adobe Bar at the Taos Inn to see Susan Gibson.  She always puts on a good show.  Not great photos with my iPhone at night.


 Susan Gibson
Susan's van, she travels with three dogs and a chihuahua she says.  :) The dogs are inside and the door is open and I didn't get it all.  It was dark!  That is my excuse.


6 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Good sketches. I've been too busy to even get the new list for the hunt...maybe this weekend. Sounds like a fun day!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. I have been having fun with Gene and friends instead of painting. Well, painting is fun but usually a solo affair.

Jennifer Rose said...

Is Gene's cell phone holder his initials??

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, yes, Gene's initials copied from the way he initials things. :)

Jennifer Rose said...

thats a nice personal touch to the stand :)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, David is talented. :)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)