Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, July 31, 2015

Sketching for Hunt 414 - Pen and Ink, iPad and photo

Pretty quiet here in the mountains and still cool.  Time for sweatshirt or flannel shirt.  Very nice indeed when it is 102 degrees F. in Bastrop, Texas.

I sketched yesterday in the living room.  Mr. Squirrel will not sit still when I have sketchbook in hand.  He sits on the wood box outside the window.  He will be still and stay put for a few minutes at a time until I get my tools.  I sketched him on the iPad the other day and it is worse than this one.  I sketched with the Micron 01 in the travel sketchbook.


Number 9, furry - ground squirrel
Number 10, plug - Gene's power cord
Number 11, flavoring ingredient - cinnamon, brought from home

I sketched on the iPad with the app, Brushes, in the kitchen.  Sketching on the iPad is sooooo much slower.  I have to warm my coffee several times.


These are both numbered wrong, I wonder what I looked at to see what number they should be.  Maybe the "13" threw me off.  Ha.
Number 9 or 12, something you drink - wine in a box from Australia
Number 10 or 13, something that melts - chocolates (Thanks, T!)

I didn't take photos yesterday, it was cloudy and cool.  We went for a short walk and didn't get out and about in the evening.  We will probably go out to dinner this evening.

This doe was at the front door as we left on the walk.  The deer here are at least twice the size of the deer in Texas.  One thing Texas can't say is bigger!





4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I can't wait to get to the mountains.

Jo Castillo said...

I can't wait for you to get here either!!

Joan Tavolott said...

Great sketches...especially the Lindt chocolate. I love those icy cold.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. I will have to try cooling off the candies. I have 2 left, I think. :-)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)