Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, October 06, 2014

Hunt 377 Sketches

Yesterday morning I grabbed my sketchbook and looked for a pen.  Picked up a Prismacolor Pen and headed for the porch with my coffee and rice cake.  Beautiful morning.  The mornings are just about perfect right now.  About 65-70 degrees.  Mmmm.

Anyway, back to sketching, the pen turned out to be a chiseled point pen.  About an eighth of an inch across, you can see one of the marks by the hand.  Anyway, something different for sketching with.  The doodle or zentangle was done with the Sharpie liquid pencil.  That is different to use.  I don't get excited about drawing with a pencil of any kind.  Don't know why, maybe because it may not be dark enough and needs to be restated.  I like putting a mark down once!

I sketched in the large sketchbook and filled the page.  It took about thirty minutes for the sketches, excluding the doodle done on a different day to try the pencil.  I hadn't seen it in my pencil cup for a while.  Ha.

Number 2, makes an impermanent mark - Sharpie liquid pencil
Number 3, makes a permanent mark - Sharpie permanent marker
Number 4, holds a liquid - cup/mug
Number 5, chiseled - the nib of the pen I was using
Number 6, earth - a mole or gopher hill in the yard.  They come and go and we never get rid of them!

Friends from Georgia arrive tomorrow.  We met them in Peru many years ago and have stayed in touch.  It is always good to see them.  Great memories return when we visit.

It is balloon fiesta time in Albuquerque.  Lots of fun memories there, too.  Jennie and I are in the painting below on a beautiful October morning in Albuquerque a few years ago.

Full of Hot Air
Pastel on Pastelbord, 12 x 12 inches


6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I saw a really cool video of a balloon ascension in Alb. It was in fast speed so it looked like the balloons were blowing away in the wind.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, bet that was neat. They go fast enough when you are there in person. Have you ever been? They send them up in rows and we saw a row go and thought they were done and then the next row went, the next, etc., while they replace the row you just saw go up. The visitors get to be right down on the field in the middle of it all. It is amazing!

Jennifer Rose said...

part of me wants to go up in a hot air balloon, there is a company nearby that does it, but then I read of them getting stuck in power lines or crashing and think never mind :p

I love sketching in pen, i think because it is more permanent and I don't have to worry about fading lines

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, we have not been up in the balloons. They have so many (500 or more) in Albuquerque every year and very few accidents. Still......
Yes, I have always like sketching with pen and panting with pastels. Very immediate.

Joan Tavolott said...

Just catching up on blogs now that I can post again. You have some nice sketches and I liked seeing your watercolor pieces too...great photos like always.

I've started posting my sketches from my trip...and there are many to post after nearly a month. lol Come visit.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joan, Welcome home. Thank you for stopping by. I'm looking forward to your travel journal sketches. I will go look!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)