5 Values in a Still Life: Learn about using values to give a still life painting a real, Trompe-l'œil (three dimensional) look. This technique applies to still life but can work with landscape and floral work as well.
Tuesday, October 14
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Suggested materials to bring:
- Small still life objects, fruit, vase, glass, box or use what Jo brings. Simple items to learn technique, not to make a finished painting.
- Pastel paper or Pastelbord at least 11 x 14 inches in size
- Soft pastels (not oil pastels)
- Floor Easel or table easel - It is much easier to work upright to keep your pastel painting clean and fresh
- Board, cardboard or foam core to put your paper on to work on the easel
- Viva paper towels and old soft towel, hand wipes
- Apron or comfy old clothes
- Paper or sketchbook for notes and drawing
If you are a beginner and do not have pastels but want to give them a try. Call Jo and she will bring some pastels and paper for you.
512 629-9264 Jo Studio Phone
Techniques will work in all media, but we will be working with soft pastels in class.
$20 for the class.
Limited space, sign up soon.
Class and registration at the:
Bastrop Fine Arts Gallery
815 Main St
Call 512 321-8055