Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Katherine's Squidoo Quandary

Katherine Tyrrell, my walking art encyclopedia, is in a quandary about what to do.  She has created 160 helpful websites on Squidoo and they are closing down.  Check out her article and maybe you know of helpful software or servers for her.



Making a Mark on Art, her Squidoo page about art



About Artists her Squidoo page about artists

 
I am clueless as how to help.

I have kept my website on my own as I know things disappear, especially if they start out "free".  I can always move to a new server, but so far I haven't had to.  The original server was Cedant and they sold to Aplus.net,  https://www.aplus.net/   so I have only had to adjust my thinking once.  It is more trouble to do my own design and updates there, but I have control of all my photos and information.

I am tempted to go to other servers where the websites are so much easier to update.  That means they have all my photos, etc., stored without easy access or ability to delete by me, plus use their templates.  I have all my old designs stored on my website in archives which are still accessible to me and I could use that info again by linking to it.   I have so much storage there that I don't know what to do with it.  I host a couple of other sites, too.  Maybe I will just stick with my mess! 

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Since I don't even understand websites, I am no help at all.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I'm clueless on this, too. She has so much good info there it would be a shame to lose it. I can't believe how much she writes and researches.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)