Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Stacked Sketches and Photos

Coming up with blog post titles is not the easiest thing.  It is tempting to just put "Hunt 369 Sketches" but then it is hard to differentiate between the posts.  The play on the word, stacked, may lead you to think it is a good looking woman or another idea.  Hopefully it caught your attention!

I post my sketches as a record for me.  It keeps me sketching when I don't really feel up to it or when I am just lazy.  The Scavenger Hunts have been my way to keep putting lines down on paper since 2006.  Miles of paper, right?  The sketchers are a fun bunch of artists from around the world, making my sketching world more interesting.  I have sketched things I would never have dreamed of sketching, like a toilet or leftovers and dirty dishes.  It keeps me on my toes  ... or actually on a comfortable chair with my feet up.

I sketched for Hunt 369 http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1356697 as per usual in the travel sketchbook with a Micron 05 pen.

Number 3, stack of something - the woodpile on the porch.  Some happy little ground squirrels appear to live there.  I sketched one previously lying on the wood box.

Number 4, pair of - earrings
Number 5, beside each other - the two rings
Number 6, beside my bed - table, book, lamp (bottom)
Number 7, electrical plug and socket - for the computers and phones

The paper does not have a pattern.  I think the design is the sun coming in through the screen.  I didn't take the photos over, I left it as it is an interesting effect.

I was up before the sunrise this morning and remembered to look.  It is unusual for me to be up at sunrise.   The clouds and light was pretty.

Art Link:

Check out my art friend, Bag Blog, Lou Baggett on her blog  http://bagwag.blogspot.com/
and see more of her art on her FineArtAmerica page http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/lou-baggett.html
We are looking forward to a visit from Lou and Toby for painting and some fun.  We all went to Arkansas last September.    You can read about it here and see photos:  http://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/search?q=arkansas

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Thanks for the links. I need to update my Fine Art America, but I'm really lazy. Really, really looking forward to our time with you and Gene and the mountains.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, no problem. We are looking forward to the visit as well. Should be a good get together.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)