Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Sketches Hunt 369 and Photos

I managed some sketching for Scavenger Hunt 369, http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20165046#post20165046 , in the travel sketchbook with the Prismacolor Premier03 pen.  It looks like the ink is getting weak in the pen.  I have used it for a very long time. I'm thinking more than a year??  It has been a good pen.

 Number 1, something above your head.  The curtains and blinds.

Number 2, plant.  These are mullein, herbs for respiratory problems.  I made some tea from the yellow flowers for my cold congestion.  I will see how it works.  They are strange looking plants.  They grow up to 8 feet tall.  We took photos of them in Silver City years ago and one showed up on my screen this morning.  Is my iPhoto related to Google and knows what I've been looking at??  Strange.



These are in the yard here and the tallest is about 4.5 feet tall.  I sketched them through the window.  I forgot to crop out my shadow.  Ugh.

This is Gene's sister, Virginia, walking her little dog, Pia.   She was walking her one morning and somehow walked very near a newborn Bambi.  Pia saw the doe and began barking.  Pia thinks she is a German Shepherd or something and won't back down, the bigger the foe, the better.  Anyway the doe came after Pia.  Virginia was trying to pull the leash to pick up Pia and shut her up while swinging her walking stick at the doe and yelling at her.  Sue heard the ruckus, good thing they were near the house. Sue and Gene went out and were throwing rocks and the deer was distracted enough for Virgina and Pia to escape.  No photos of the event ... it happened too fast.  Ha.  Luckily no animal or person was hurt.


A few hours later we went to town and saw the deer crossing the road.  Such a tiny baby.  These are Mule deer and are much bigger than the deer in the Bastrop area.


 We have had a couple rainy days.  The drops on the pines were beautiful.  Need a better camera to capture them.
 This double rainbow is right at the house a few days ago.  Impressive.

 This is a close up of the purple flowers from the previous post for Joanna.  I'm not sure what they are.

Some of these photos are with my iPhone.  I now have my camera so some of my photos will improve. It is a Casio EX-ZR700.  Very fast on and you can take quick photos then it stores them after.  Very nice.  The Canon I had would work on each photo so I had to wait between shots.  I think this camera is perfect for me.

Art link:

This is an amusing article about commissions and Salvador Dali:

http://theartedge.faso.com/blog/78890/how-salvador-dali-handled-a-portrait-commission-gone-wrong

3 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I guess even a doe will fight to protect her young. The fawn looks so tiny! Great photos.

Love the work in the previous post from your plein air with your friend. Isn't it great to get outside and paint again???

Bag Blog said...

I was told that however tall those plants get, is the amount of snowfall coming in the winter.

Last year while in Paris, I was able to see a wonderful Dali exhibition. He was very prolific - and interesting.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, you are right about the doe. It was a surprise as they are all around and are not afraid and ignore the people.

It was very good to get out and paint. I hope to do more as soon as my cold allows. Maybe a bit tomorrow from the porch.

Bag Blog, you must be right. Those plants were so tall the year it rained so much and all of NM was green.

How nice you got to see the Dali exhibit. It is amazing to see the great works in person.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)