Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Going in Circles, Sketch (and Baseball Note)

Going in circles describes my mind lately.  I think of many things I want to do and accomplish and then the wandering in other circles begins.  I have been too lazy on the porch to even get up and get a sketchbook or bring one with me.  So I contemplate the world outside and have my coffee and snack.

We have been going to the UT Baseball games as is our routine.  This weekend we are playing the Oklahoma State Cowboys.  Longhorns won on Friday (3-0) and the Cowboys won on Saturday (2-1).  The Longhorns really need a win today.  The race is close to win the conference.  Last year the Longhorns were in last place in the Big 12 conference and didn't even make the tournament.  We are hoping for some regional games here the first part of June!  The team needs some hitting.  Only 2 hits yesterday.  The pitching is great.  See the story at texassports.com http://www.texassports.com/index.aspx?path=baseball&

Big 12 Baseball standings and info here.  http://www.big12sports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=13131 Oklahoma State is in first place.

The Cowboy uniforms were so awful, at least in the minds of our group.  We couldn't decide if they were wearing prison garb or pajamas.  The ump has his hands up so maybe the prison work gang, eh?

Baseball puts us in Austin for much of our weekly time.  We usually get something to eat somewhere on the way so leave a couple of hours before the games.  One of the places we have discovered is "Hit the Spot Cafe".   (Reviewed on Yelp:  http://www.yelp.com/biz/hit-the-spot-cafe-del-valle It is located in Garfield between Bastrop and Austin on Highway 71) in the library building of all places.  Very good breakfast all day and regular cafe fare.  Good homemade flour tortillas and green sauce.  They are open for breakfast and lunch and on Friday evenings.  We haven't had dinner there.  We need to, they have prime rib.

See the circles!!  Back to sketching.  I sketched on the iPad with Brushes and my fingers.  (I had it with me for checking e-mail and reading the comics in the paper.) for Scavenger Hunt 357.  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20065416&posted=1#post20065416

Number 3, circle.  The plate was rounder before I added the highlights, like the shadow.  Sigh..  The crooked lines override the good part.  Heh, heh.  But afterall, it is only a sketch.




4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Hey, don't be bashin my Cowpokes. Although, there could be a few prison people on the team. When Bo was at OSU, he said most of the basketball team were felons :)

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, you made me laugh! At the Disch, they used to always play "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys" at the end of the games with OK State. They didn't do it this year. Hmmmm.

I posted a good article about the game yesterday on my next post from a San Antonio blog/page.

Joanna said...

Love the sketch.

And, my vote was pajamas on those awful uniforms. So ugly! Sorry, Bag Blog. (Well, not really. They were awful!)

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joanna. I could have fixed the sketch with the "undo" button, but I try to leave them as they are. And the uniforms were very ugly.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)