Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, March 24, 2014

Springtime Sketches and Photos

Springtime is slowly showing its head.  Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrush and other wildflowers are starting to brighten up our landscape.  They grow thickly in most places.  We have about eight lonely bluebonnets in our yard.  Luckily I rescued them from the mower last week.

They are a bit straggly, but they are beautiful.

This one is just beginning.  I like the leaves, too.

I sketched in the dining room this morning, then this afternoon I sketched one of the bluebonnets and a tree or two.  We bought (they say "won") two of Lea's Bluebonnet bowls at the Empty Bowl event to support the Bastrop County Food Pantry. http://www.bastropfoodpantry.org/ I went to pick them up today and that reminded me to sketch the blues in the yard before they disappear. 
Lea's Bluebonnet Bowls donated from her Blue Donkey Studio.  She has several designs including wildflowers and roosters.  What a great way to donate to the Food Pantry for both of us.  Thanks, Lea!

Oh, and my sketches for Scavenger Hunt 353 http://goo.gl/ScMVH6 in my large sketchbook with the same old Prismacolor Premier 03 fine line marker/pen.  I really sketched the outside sketches quickly, no where to sit down and put my feet up!

Number 1, flowers - Number 2, made of glass - Number 3, plant - Number 4, made of plastic, flower pot and Number 5, made of wood, the shelf.


Number 6, a reminder of spring, bluebonnet and Number 7, tree with a challenge of two or more different trees.


Don't forget you can see my paintings downtown Bastrop at the Bastrop Fine Arts Gallery and at Art Connections Gallery!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

So happy the bluebonnets are back! I like the sketches. :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, I think there were a few more bluebonnets last year. Pretty anyway. I enjoyed sketching today. Maybe because I should have been working on taxes!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)