Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sketching on my iMac

I hadn't tried sketching on my iMac for a while.  I was too lazy to get up and go find something to sketch in the living room and it is still a bit cool for the porch.  I also haven't sketched much for Scavenger Hunt 351, goo.gl/saoY3C  where I am the host.  Shame on me.

I decided to sketch on my iMac and use SketchbookPro which has a great many tools.  It has layers and more which I haven't practiced so this sketch took me over half an hour.  It was fun to do.  I don't have a tablet or fancy mouse.  I drew with my regular Apple wireless mouse.  I had to go to the "line" to make the straight lines.  Very hard to draw a straight line with a mouse.  You can tell I didn't use it too much.  The eye glasses are way too small.  The glue stick grew in length and so forth.  Maybe you can tell what other items are??  Click on it to make it bigger.



There is a good article by Richard McKinley in the ArtistsNetwork Newsletter,   http://goo.gl/YuEsGK
Richard McKinley's article, Painting Like a Sculptor.  He talks about the comparison of sculpting and painting.  We, painters, have to sculpt our subjects with light and dark.


6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I need incentive.

Joan Tavolott said...

Looks like you've got all the necessities there. I don't have a way to do digis. That is probably a good thing since I don't seem to have much time lately.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I'm sending you some good vibes!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, you should get you a drawing program. I'm sure there are free ones you can download. I bought Sketchbook Pro, not too expensive for the "light" version as I recall, about $20.

Joanna said...

Hmmm...I see a memory card, a Sharpie, rubber bands, and an eraser? Not sure about the rest. A tape measure?

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, you are right. Tape measure. And the memory card thingy is a battery for the hot spot. Runs cooler without it.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (104) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (982) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (14) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)