Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Don't Forget First Friday in Bastrop, Texas, Friday, February 7

More info about First Friday Art Walk in Bastrop this Friday, February 7.

As you know, I will be at the Lost Pines Art Gallery with a door prize , new paintings, etc...... I will pay your Texas Sales Tax if you purchase tonight.  That is almost 10% discount, well 8.25%

First Friday Art Walk at Lost Pines Art Gallery
http://goo.gl/997OXA
Lost Pines Art Bazaar
http://lostpinesartbazaar.com/
603 Chestnut Street
Bastrop, Texas 78602
512 985-6403
5:30 p.m - 8:30 p.m.



You can see all the other venues here on 365 Things to Do in Bastrop
http://goo.gl/Ae57fp

So many good artists, so much good food, so much good music, child care and more!

See you there!

A few of my new paintings I talked about yesterday that I will show for the first time:

 Mishmash
14 x 11 inches Pastel on Pastelbord

 Cutting Up
16 x 12 inches Oil on Canvas

Beaming, Acrylic on Cradled Panel, 8 x 8 inches


Desert Dancers, Acrylic on Cradled Panel, 6 x 12 inches

Snow Study, 7 x 5 inches, Pastel on Pastelbord


These are new at Art Connections Gallery

908 Main Street, Bastrop Texas
512 657-4275

Who Me, 7 x 5 inches, Pastel on Pastelbord
Hour Cow, 7 x 5 inches, Pastel on Pastelbord

 
Twilight Pines, 16 x 20 inches, Pastel on Pastelbord
Come on to downtown historic Bastrop, Texas, tonight.  It will be fun and good to get out of the house!

5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Last Tuesday I went to Ft Worth with my SIL to see the Picasso and Matisse exhibit. It was muy bueno. This Tuesday I painted with the little girls - oils. It was way too cold to be painting oils inside with windows closed. I'm beginning to hate oils.

Bag Blog said...

And, I love the works you are showing.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Oh, great that you got to see that exhibit. I saw something similar about 10 years ago. It was interesting how they competed for attention, eh? Oils kill! I bought some M. Graham that are made with walnut oil instead of linseed oil. Soooo nice to not have the odor and also the paint thinner or whatever you need to use with regular oils. Even the water cleanable oils have linseed oil and I get such a headache. I haven't tried the lemon zest or whatever it is to clean oils. That would help. Take care. And thank you, it is nice to have a few new pieces!

Joanna said...

Like the paintings but the cactus blooms are my favorite!

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, the cactus blooms are my favorites, too, along with the Hour Cow.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)