Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

iPhone Sketch for 334

We went to Austin for Gene's checkup all good by the way.

I decided to do a quick sketch on the iPhone when we got inside the doctor's office for Scavenger Hunt 334.  We only waited about 5 - 10 minutes so I didn't get very far.  I was looking out at the parking lot at the noisy traffic going by on the freeway.  Number 11 (maybe, the numbers got messed up), noisy.

The front of the truck is far from the trailer.  I was using the DrawCast app which I haven't used for a while so part of my time was figuring that out.  At my age, I need lots of review.

For my art link:

I've been following Keith for a couple of years.  Fun to see his urban sketches.
http://liningadrawer.blogspot.com/

I have this quote on my wetcanvas signature and it is my philosophy, too:

I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors.  I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. -- Winston Churchill


6 comments:

Rose Welty said...

Glad to hear about Gene. The sketch is a nice memory of good news. :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Rose, nice way to think about that! Hope you are having a good news day as well!

Bag Blog said...

Your sketch makes me smile.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, smiles are always a plus!

Joanna said...

Which highway is the office near? Seems like it must be 35 or 290 down south since it's apparently raised. (Like the sketch.)

Jo Castillo said...

You are good, Joanna. It is 290 by Westgate where the AT&T place is.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)