Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Hunting Beverage, Photos

This is the last day of my hosting Scavenger Hunt 297.  Decided I better get a couple of sketches in because I was a bit absent over the weekend.

I sketched with a Prismacolor 01 pen/marker, very fine point.  Nice pen.

Number 6, window covering - the shutters in the entryway.  I left out the frame in the middle.  Those slats are hanging on air!  No changing since I was sketching with a pen and didn't want to have a "do over".  Number 7, beverage in container - you would expect wine or coffee from me and you got the wine.  It is in a red glass that was a gift from Mercy, thanks.  Good for drinking when you are in a comfy chair with the short stem.

I plan on working on my swap painting for the Southwest Forum today.  It is a windmill, acrylic, 10 x 8 inches.  I can't post that until January 20.  That is the reveal day.  I need to get it in the mail before that.  I'm trading with Lola.  She does beautiful animals, it will be fun to see what I get in exchange!

I need to put some finishing touches on my pine trees for the APS entry, too.  It is pastel, 11 x 14 inches. The entry has to be in by Sunday.  The pictures come out best in direct sun so I hope the clouds are finished by Friday!

By the way, if you are planning on entering a show you should read the great article by Enid Wood in the Austin Pastel Tortillon, news magazine, on our APS website.  You will learn some things.  Enid is an award winning artist, so knows what it takes!

They expect big storms in the area today.  Just heard some thunder!  This is the way it looks on the side of the house at the moment.  The lava rock, malpais, is from New Mexico and the white rock is from our old house.

We are hoping for enough rain to put a little water in our lakes.  They are pretty low.  Not as low as when we moved in, but still low.  There are cormorants, egrets and the osprey out there today.  Not close enough for a good photo.  Ah, here comes the rain ......... Yay!!

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

May it rain in your area - I know you need it. Loved the cartoon you sent of the stick figure people.

Jo Castillo said...

Thank you, Lou. Today is Wednesday and we got about 3.5 inches so far. Great. The weather folks say it will still be a terrible drought. Not good.

Joanna said...

Those magic slats are pretty cool! :-)

How are the lakes looking? It ended up raining quite a bit, didn't it? Nice.

Jo Castillo said...

Thank you, Joanna. The lakes did get some water. We got just under 5 inches. Very, very nice!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (203) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (969) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1781) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (7) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)