Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, November 02, 2012

First Friday and Sketches

Just a reminder that the First Friday Art Walk is this evening in downtown historic Bastrop, Texas.  I will be at 906 Main Street, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.  See the side bar or my website for information.

As for sketching, I am the host for Scavenger Hunt 289.  The sketchers take turns making the lists and hosting.  You come up with 26 everyday items to be sketched from life.  I am a lazy sketcher you know so I usually make a list of "real" items like a chair, book, corner, view, etc., so I can just sketch.  I decided to make an alphabetical list of colors and leave it up to the sketcher for the items that fit the list.  It is fun, but you do have to think a bit more. If you have time, click over there and see the interesting the artists are finding.  The artists are from all over the world.

Here is my list:

aquamarine, aqua
beige or brown
chartreuse or chocolate
dark ?? your choice
eggplant - aubergine
gold or green
hazel
indigo
jasmine or jade
khaki
lavender
magenta or maroon
mauve
navy
olive
plum, purple
Quinacridone Burnt Orange
Rose
sienna
teal, turquoise
ultamarine
violet
wheat
Xanthian (Greek for Yellow)
Yellow
zinc or zucchini
I thought I should sketch on the iPad with it's vivid colors. I used the APP called Brushes and my fingers.   I sat out on the porch and looked around.  I came up with brown and zinc (white).  Lots of color there.  Ha.


Number 1, brown.


Number 2, zinc

Then I went back to my sketchbook with pen and ink and colored pencil.


Number 3,  dark - the frame on the butterflies.  I sketched this at the eye glass office and was actually sketching the butterflies for burnt orange, but forgot and sketched Gene's had for that.  Thus, this sketch is for dark. You can see it is in my small sketchbook I keep in my purse.


Number 4, Quinacridone Burnt Orange - Gene's Longhorn baseball hat.  Number 5, eggplant, aubergine - the purple heart plant.  Number 6, lavender - the morning glories.  Number 7, green - the ivy, clover and leaves.

We always have an extra challenge, to use a new medium or your opposite hand.  This time I thought that just thinking of the items is a challenge ... and to add color if you want.

Get to sketching!!

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (104) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (982) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (14) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)