Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, November 05, 2012

Street Painting and Finger Painting

The First Friday Art Walk on November 2 was very nice indeed.  My art looked really great in the front area of the Tuck and Kizer Law Group.  Of course I did not take any photos.  I told Gene to remind me and I thought of it as we were setting up and then........

Joanna stopped by.  She is so good about supporting me and goes out of her way to come by and see what is going on.  She took a snapshot of me painting with pastels.  I started on a piece of Pastelbord with a watercolor underpainting.  There was very little pastel on it at this point.  I didn't get too far on the painting but will finish it here at home in my studio.  It is a scene in the Loblolly pines just around the corner from our house.



This is the last day of Scavenger Hunt 289 which I am hosting.  I completed about my average number of sketches.  We have twenty-six items each nine days and I finish about nine to twelve sketches.   I did some finger painting on my iPad with the app, Brushes, for today.  The app has a replay option to see what you did to do the sketch.  It runs in about 10 seconds for this one.  Gene said, "Boy you did that quickly!"  Yeah, right!  I think I spent about 30 minutes on it.

Number 8, sienna and Number 9, indigo.  The cup has a very dark indigo interior and is all splotchy white on the outside from being re-fired.  I had two of those, the other was white inside.  They looked like little flower pots with handles.  The little dish is to burn mosquito repellent sticks and was not re-fired as we had it with us in New Mexico.

I notice I have some new followers.  That is nice to see.  Thank you so much for taking an interest in art and especially what I do.

With facebook, Twitter and all the rest sometimes it seems like blogs are falling by the wayside.  I will keep posting as I cannot say enough in 140 characters!  facebook just keeps taking over more and more, deciding which friends I should see and who should see what I am doing.  I would drop out completely except for my art presence.





No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)