Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Stir Crazy ... but Sketching.

We are a little stir crazy.  I'm not sure why.  Can't be because we have been in smaller than normal living conditions since July! In New Mexico, our condo was not large and had very poorly designed decks.  We are now in an RV in a park on Highway 71.  Not complaining about that, per se, as it so beats being in a hotel.  Yes!  Thanks to our friends, Regina and Larry.

Gene and I were talking though, about what we will be doing in a couple of weeks.  It will be very quiet with only an owl or two at night.  Larry, our son, says we should record some of the sounds here to play for the first few nights until we get accustomed to the silence again.  Ha.

We will have some large inside spaces.  The house is about 2000 square feet with two master suites and my studio. It has a two car garage, large and attic space.   The kitchen, living and dining are one great room.  There are three large porches around two sides of the house and about .6 of an acre plus a large open space between our house and a little lake (pretty dry at the moment).  I think we will be lost for a while. Especially as we don't have very many "things" to put in the house. 

 Son, Larry, came out on Monday to help us move our furniture from the consignment store to storage.  We now have two storage sheds with the furniture, some of our traveling things like golf clubs, my studio stuff and a bunch of burned junk from the house (Who knows for what?)  The closets (several large ones)  and shelves at the new house will be sort of bare.  I bought a large hutch for the dining area.  So far I have 12 blue wineglasses and 4 place mats to put in it.  :-)  Photos will follow as we work toward filling the space.

I'm very wishy washy about picking out things.  I can't decide with so many choices.  Before I had to buy to fit with our things and find room to put things.  We had antiques, things from South America and more.  Folks said our house was like a museum.    Now I can pick any color or things.  We went into Macy's the other day to buy towels and bath room rugs.  I walked around while Gene went to look at recliners.  Without buying any towels I went to meet up with Gene and sat on a chair while he was demonstrating an electric recliner.  I looked down and realized I was sitting on the perfect lawn/patio chair for me.  It has a foot stool and the back reclines.  I told Gene, "I'm buying this!"  He was so happy that I could make some sort of decision that we bought it and carried it out of the store. 

The same sort of thing happened at the consignment store.  Gene was the one sitting in a rocking chair and he said it was comfortable.  I told the sales lady, "We are buying that chair."  Gene was again surprised that I could pick something out and we got the rocker, too.  I drive him crazy with my wandering mind and ideas.  He can be perfectly happy with something if it is functional.  Of course he does like gadgets, but that is a different story.

The Bastrop Furniture Consignment , Sonia Judd - owner, was so helpful in storing out stuff for over a month.  We bought some very nice things there.  Be sure and check out her store for buying and selling.

I did a little sketching on Tuesday and this morning for Scavenger Hunt 244.  Same old sketchbook and pen.

Number 9, bark of a tree and number 11, something with a skin or rind.


Number 10, used for travel - one of the many RVs in the park.  This is one of the less complicated trailers and no cars around it for the moment.  Number 12, something to eat.  I really liked this cereal, but can't eat it anymore as I am gluten free and it is not!






6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

It's funny how my mind can be so confused one minute and suddenly something will crystallize. Then I can make a decision. Sometimes I just stay confused.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, you make me laugh!! That is good. :-)

Anonymous said...

All that you write makes such perfect sense to me. I have never experienced what you are but I understand what you are writing about it. I can imagine this is all too surreal to you.

Your new home sounds great to me. This probably sounds silly to you but I am really excited for you to get into your new home.

Hugs,
Judi Vreeland

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Judi, Thanks for stopping by. I am starting to get excited, too. It is the waiting that is getting old. Hmmm.

Joanna said...

Not gonna tell Katie you sketched bananas!

Jo Castillo said...

OK, Joanna, we won't tell Katie. Mums the word. :-)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)