Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, May 16, 2011

Still Blocked! Flower Photos.

I'm still not painting.  Who knows why?  So I have been surfing and working on paper work.  We walked nine holes of golf.  I took some flower photos, hoping, just hoping for a cure.  Sigh.

In my previous post I mentioned a butt kicking needed by Maggie.  I decided today to read blogs on my reader, which I haven't been doing, and as I scrolled down, guess what?   I ran into Maggie Stiefvater's old blog again with a nice post about being "blocked".  She quit posting about art, so I don't imagine you have seen this in a while.   So go check it out.  (You will find more links to her blogs in my previous post.)

And, is this drooling over other artists' fine art helping?  Not so much. 

It will come back.  At least I'm pretty sure it will.

I did sketch day before yesterday.  Out on the porch again in the brown paper, Ultrecht, sketchbook with the Faber-Castell pen.  I did not break my ankle ... argh.  I just started out sketching one shoe and realized the list said "shoes" so crossed my feet and added the other.  Not the best idea when sketching in ink.  But hey, I did some sketching.

   

Number 4, drink - my coffee in a Texas cup because there was a baseball game.  Number 5, good eats - my rice cake with peanut butter and cream cheese with Number 6, fruit - raisins on top. 



Number 7, good find - not sure what that meant, but I found these on the rail of the porch:  a pottery candle holder, an old lamp, 2 copper cans and 2 rocks.  Different, anyway.


Number 8, shoes - my shoes I had on.
These little white flowers were at the golf course. They are about 6 inches high and 2 inches in diameter??  It is so dry still, but we had a little over an inch of rain the other day and these popped up.  I think they are rain lilies.  So beautiful, but not enough rain to produce many leaves.  Wow.

The lilies and a bird, but don't know what.  Not big enough for a crow.

Close up of the rain lilies.

10 comments:

Joanna said...

I tried posting a comment and got some sort of Google nonsense asking for my phone number. What? So I closed the window. And, my comment did not appear. Anyway, the gist of my original comment...

Yes, those are rain lilies...also known as day lilies. They always make me think of Gene Mear 'cause he loved them.

And, thanks for the warning about the ankle thing. I would've been worried. ;-)

Regina Calton Burchett said...

Sketching is art, drawing is art, so it's just a little, bitty, segue to painting. And maybe going back to your "comfort painting" would do the trick?
How about another in your Junk Food series? You paint amazing Coca-cola's!!!

Rose Welty said...

I agree, your sketching...so you are on the right track. Be gentle with yourself - a lot has been going on for you.

What's this about a junk food series? That sounds like a fabulous idea :-).

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, that Google thing was weird. Hmmm. I've seen complaints about it being down lately, but not that one.

The photo I found wasn't great, but looked like the rain lilies. It was more lush with lots of little leaves at the bottom. I think it must be the rain.

Heh, heh on my ankle. I am so lazy to start over. Ha.

Jo Castillo said...

My English is terrible tonight. I just answered Regina and it sounded so bad. Now I look at the answer to Joanna. Sad. "I am too lazy to start over."

Regina, thanks for the idea for snacks. Maybe that or apples would work. :)

I know you are right, but..... It will happen.

Jo Castillo said...

Rose, you made me smile, too. I am too gentle, I should just do something .. anything and get started.

Regina and I paint together and one day I couldn't decide what to paint so I just painted our Cokes and chips. Then I did a couple more .. latte, etc. Maybe that would work. :)

Bag Blog said...

Get with a friend. Go paint somewhere fun. I hear the Austin weather has been beautiful. Don't make me come down there and kick your butt. Well, maybe you should - we could have some fun.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, wouldn't that be fun! Come on down. It is great weather. Cool enough at night to open the house. Whee!

My word verification for the day, "squate". Is that as "I don't know ......."

Joan Tavolott said...

At least you're sketching! That's a start...

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, I thank the Hunts for me to continue sketching. I feel guilty if I don't do some homework! :-)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)