Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, February 20, 2009

Passion Award

Sheona Hamilton Grant is an amazing black and white artist. I posted about her earlier, her work is so wonderful. Well, she took the time to give me an award for my blog. Wonderful lady and exceptional artist. Take a look at her post when she received this award, very cool.

Thank you Sheona, you are so nice to think of me.

It is a hard act to follow Sheona's clever post, but here goes anyway. I recently posted seven of my loves, I will provide seven more as it looks like these awards are tied together.

  1. Beautiful sunsets and rainbows. I got this from my Mom I think, she was always taking photos of rainbows and sunsets.
  2. Bolivia, we lived there for about 10 years divided by two different times. La Paz and the altiplano are my favorite places. It is like New Mexico only 5,000 feet higher. The people are wonderful.
  3. Games, I love word games and card games. Some puzzles.
  4. Reading, although I don't do much of that lately. I love the Tony Hillerman series about the Navajos.
  5. Horses, I had two growing up. A half shetland when I was 10 or so and then a quarter horse when I was in high school. My Dad had corrals at the rodeo grounds and I would go down to feed Nieto, my horse, before school. He was so spoiled, I would let him out of his corral and he would follow me to the barn and back. Most of the time! On occasion he would run off and just run for a while and then come back. I would be late for school and the principal would look at me and shake his head and tell me he didn't want to hear about it. :)
  6. I love talking, but I have a horrible memory so will probably post more than once about anything.
  7. Food, I'm not sure if I just love food or am addicted. I have been a good cook, but it is because I love to eat. I am gluten intollerant and miss just regular bread for sandwiches, burgers and flour tortillas. Sigh.......
So now we are in dangerous territory as I can just keep going/talking. Enough, already, as they say.

I am supposed to pass this on to seven bloggers. You already know that I don't do that, I can't choose. But if you know of someone very special, please pass this award on to them, it will make them smile and feel good. Sheona, thank you so much!

Take a look at the artists that Sheona listed, they are new to me and great. If you pass this award along please comment so we can go check out those artists/bloggers, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jo, this was fun reading some new things about you. Since you love word games, you might find it enjoyable to join Facebook, where they have lots of different ones (like Word challenge) that you can play with friends. Lots of fun!

Jo Castillo said...

Karen, Hi!, Thank you so much. You would be a great choice for this award. I love looking at your work and reading about your art world and how it has been growing. Thanks for the idea of more on-line games, but .... I should pass on that. Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)