Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Art Blog Award - Double


Way, way back on the fourth of February, I was given an award by James Parker. You will find that he publishes several blogs. I was so busy and put the award aside to work on later. I apologize to Mr. Parker and thank him for his passing the award to me. Thank you!

The award asks you to list seven things you love and pass the award on to seven artists. How can I pick seven loves or seven artists?

Loves:
  1. My Family
  2. Making Art
  3. Travel
  4. The High Desert
  5. Chocolate
  6. Wine
  7. Coffee
Guess the list could go on, and other than number one and two, they can change depending on my mood. Gene would say eating is number one, but I just think I haven't found many foods I don't like. Ah well.

You all know I don't do memes and pass things on, so if any one of you would like to add this to your blog and give out some awards, please do. I pass it on to all of you that comment on my blog and all the blogs I follow. That is definitely more than seven! Awards to all of you!


Hold on, hold on! I was just given this award again, by Jeanne Grant. She is a member of our Scavenger Hunts and has been the most dedicated sketcher. She is becoming an expert in sketching with colored pencil. She has posted something in every Scavenger Hunt, no matter what. She has been great in encouraging me to keep sketching. Thank you Jeanne!!! You deserve your award!

7 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jo: You deserve the award, be happy in your reward.

Jo Castillo said...

Thank you, fishing guy. I appreciate the awards, I really do. :) I just can't decide about passing them on.

Teresa said...

Double awards! Way to go, Jo!

Just sat here and watched your entire slide show....again... you inspire me to push out of my comfort zone.

Jo Castillo said...

Teresa, Thank you so much. You make colored pencil look easy too and it isn't for me. Ha. Be careful with pastels, they are addictive!

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

Hi Jo,

I didn't know where on your blog to post this. First of all, you are always so kind when you visit my blog, which has gone dark of late. But I wanted to share something I know you will appreciate with your love of pastels. I became aware of a new artist today, check out his work in pastels:
http://www.marchansonart.com/
With your love of art, I know you will enjoy it.
Best,

Rhonda

Jo Castillo said...

Rhonda, thank you so much for stopping in and for the kind words. I have seen Marc on wetcanvas.com He does great work, you are correct. Thanks for the note and check out Tom Christopher, too. http://artisttomchristopher.blogspot.com/ Sort of the same style.

Jo Castillo said...

Rhonda and others, Tom Christopher has a new blog:

http://landscapesbychristopher.blogspot.com/


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)