Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, February 20, 2009

Opening Day - UT Baseball and Photos (no art)

For my art friends this is not about art! Scroll down for that, this is the second post today.

It was opening day for Longhorn Baseball today. Love it. Ah, I forgot to put that in the previous post about what I love. And golf, playing and .. Tiger Woods returns next week! OK, back to the game. The Horns won on a beautiful day. They beat University Illinois - Chicago. I bet those guys were glad to be here, I saw on the weather this morning that Chicago was expecting 6 - 8 inches of snow today. You can read all about the game on Joanna's blog. I took photos but we are up too high and behind the screen for great photos, but you can get the idea. The official page has a story and great close up photos.


Brandon Belt, he didn't beat the ball!

Tant Shepherd

Final score with a little of the fireworks! UIL 1, Texas 6

I was speaking of golf, I saw this at the golf course on Thursday. This poor lantana is growing up through this tree. I thought it was tanglebriar at first.

Here is the first lantana bloom I have seen this year.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Warm enough for blossoms already! This one's a beaut!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Sheila, we don't have much of a winter here, and that is good for us!

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi,

Heck ! I don't know nothing about baseball :-)
Here is more football (soccer).
You know, it's funny that you mention that blooming flower. Today's morning, I was at the bus stop and noticed that a tree got these white little flowers and thought : Spring is arriving.

Take care,

José

Jo Castillo said...

Ah, José, nice to hear from you. I imagine we are closer to the equator and warmer than you, but you may have some ocean currents or something that you are having spring already, too. Do you live near the sea? Both of our sons played soccer so we usually watch the World Cup. I followed D.C. United, a team in the US pros, for a while a few years ago as they had two players from Bolivia. Anyway, thanks for stopping in. (for you others, José is in Portugal)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)