Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hunting Sketches for Hunt 120

Scavenger Hunt 120 runs through February 22 and I haven't done many. Here are a few from last night. Sketched freehand with a Micron 005 pen. About thirty minutes total.

#2, something that cuts - the paper cutter. I'm not sure why but the sketch of the paper cutter and the tape (below) both look long and drawn out. Maybe it was getting used to the sketchbook with the half page for sketching and lines for notes. Apparently this book is for a traveling journal.



#3, something sticky - Scotch tape.


#4, shoe or slipper - my shoe. I wonder how many times I have sketched these shoes. I have had them many years and they are so comfy. They are on their last leg, now, so sad.


I decided to add a photo of the sketchbook. Sue gave it to me a few years ago, more than a few, and you can see how much I have used the colored pencils attached. I have probably filled about 1/3 of it. It was designed and distributed in Canada, Raincoast Books, 2002, The Imagineering Co., Design by Henry Quiroga and printed in Hong Kong.


"It was a dark and gloomy night, three men ...... " Actually it is a dark and gloomy day. It is not raining but everything is wet. Gene is working on the downstairs rooms for our guest Sue. The room flooded a few years ago and we have been using rugs on the cement floor. Gene decided it was finally time to put down some carpet which entailed moving all the bookshelves and things we store in the closet. That means sorting, washing, throwing out, etc. That is our exciting Tuesday. He has been working on it for a few days.

Hopefully I will finish the apple painting, too. Stay tuned!

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)