Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today I Received an Ear!

Tom, aka Fishing Guy, has an interesting blog. It is about fishing and much more. He has become a great photographer and has many readers. He gave me an award for my blog. I don't pass on awards, I can't ever decide which person/blog should get one. I follow more than sixty blogs and think they all deserve awards or I wouldn't read them, right? If I have ever commented on your blog, then you deserve this award, too.

The Van Gogh’s Ear Award is for Outstanding Artistic Achievement in art, photography, writing, philosophy, comedy, and/or blogging. Since Van Gogh cut off his ear, it can be passed around. Thank you, Fishing Guy! I truly appreciate it.


Here you are, the award for my blogging friends, including Fishing Guy. Maybe you would like to pass it on to someone that has a great blog that you enjoy. Go for it!


By the way, I put a few blogs on the blog's I read down on the sidebar. Again, I can't put them all there, I may rotate them once in a while. Most of the links on the side I follow, so you can get to more blogs I read there. The list grows and grows........

3 comments:

Teresa said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Van Gogh Ear Award???

and...

"Since Van Gogh cut off his ear, it can be passed around"??

LOL!! Couldn't help but laugh when I read this post. Quite accommodating of Van Gogh to lend us his ear, don't you think? ;-)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jo: I'm so glad you posted the award. You did deserve it for all you share of your art with the world.

Jo Castillo said...

Teresa, I passed it to you, too! Have fun. Maybe this is where it started:
Idaho Photo

fishing guy, it is an award full of fun and I am grateful to you for thinking of me. :)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (104) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (982) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (14) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)