Exhibits

Gallery: Art Connections Gallery 123 N. Main Street on the Square in La Grange, Texas.
979-206-2222 http://artconnectionsgallerybastrop.com/


See additional work on my website

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Bike Riding in the Pines, Photos

Today was Pedal Through the Pines, a bike ride to benefit the Family Crisis Center. We help with this event every year. The staff at the Center work hard on this project. It takes a great deal of planning and work. On Friday, I helped a little by helping with food and packaging. Gene helped with the signs and getting the routes ready.

Today we went about 6 a.m. to help again. I help check in the riders and Gene is a SAG car driver. Today was a great day. Warm and cloudy. Perfect for the ride. There were about 1200 riders, about 400 more than last year I think. If you like to bike and want to support a great agency, check it out for next year. It is the first Saturday of March every year. Pre register on line and come to Bastrop for a great day.



Early in the morning with a few riders at the start.

Not many people there yet.


2 comments:

leslie said...

Just got a little bit of Texas homesick seeing the loblollys.
Pedal, pedal, pedal.

Jo Castillo said...

These tall old pine trees are something! Hope we get some more rain soon, they look thirsty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. (Link on sidebar) "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels