Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Shoulder Sketch and Baseball note

I didn't sketch at the game today. After we went shopping and I sketched this from memory while waiting for Gene. This father and two children were a couple of rows in front of us. You could tell they were family from the identical shoulders. All three were very slim with some bone structure showing. :) About a 5 minute sketch with a ball point pen.


The Longhorns swept the Virginia Commonwealth Rams. It is nice they came to Austin. I'm sure it was intimidating and exciting. A great weekend as it was the inauguration of the renewed stadium, Disch-Falk Field, and there were so many unusual things going on. Today the Longhorn Pep Band was there to play the fight song, national anthem and The Eyes of Texas. That sure ads to the excitement. I wish they would use more of the band music during the game. It peps everyone up.... Longhorns won today, 10-2. Both teams played different players. I suppose the Rams wanted to give as many players as possible a chance to play in front of a crowd. We attended one of their games a few years ago and there were about 50 people there, including our group of 10 or so. :) In Austin there were over 18,000 fans in the three days. You can check out the story, stats and photos on the official page and look at some great stuff by Joanna. Be sure to look at Joanna's photos to see daughter Jennie with Bevo yesterday. Super photo!

4 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

Well, Jo, I can't speak baseball, but I can comment on the fun drawings... I love that you sketch while you're out at a game! You are an artist down to your toenails!

Jo Castillo said...

Susan, hi! Sketching is guilt driven. I always feel I should be doing art, but we do have fun with baseball. In my genes. My Mom was a Dodger fan. We don't to professional baseball, but love the kids at UT! I have sketched very little at games, but decided to do it this year.

How was your opening? Guess I better go check your blog.....

Hugs.

Joan said...

Cute sketch!! Yes, their shoulders are so similar.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, They were an interesting family. They looked like they were having fun, too.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (973) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1794) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)