Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Baseball Sketches and Photos

I inaugurated my Cachet Studio Blank Book sketchbook today. It is 7 x 10 inches with a hard cover and an elastic band to hold the paper. Very nice. Regina gave it to me for Christmas. Since it has the band I decided to use it for baseball sketches. With the busy schedule, I won't have time for much art so this is a substitute plan.


The first page has sketches from my seat. A couple of heads, a few gesture sketches and the corner of Joanna's score keeping setup. I used a Pilot ball point pen for convienance and they make good marks. It is easy to drop the lid of a Micron or regular sketching pen. It could roll down many steps and rows.


On the way home in the pickup I did a sketch for Scavenger Hunt 75. #6, a window view. Out the front on Highwy 95. Pretty bad, but the ride is a little bumpy for steady lines. I think sketching in the car requires short strokes and I didn't really remember that today. :) Something else to practice. Sketching in the van is easier, more room and smoother ride.


Kyle Russell hit a foul ball up toward our side of the stadium. Our seats have always been behind the screen and we haven't had to dodge foul balls. They added the lower rows and changed the screen and it doesn't go to the roof now, so we have to pay attention! You can read about the game which the Horns won 17-4 over Virginia Commonwealth on the official page and get the real scoop and great photos on Joanna's page.


For the second day of baseball we were treated to a visit from the real Bevo. Pretty interesting. I posted a link about Bevo in the previous post.


Also this year they added barbeque for the fans. The sandwiches looked great and we had the smell of barbeque and kettle corn all afternoon.

2 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

I'm always amazed by your sketching. Even the simplist designs always catch my eye.
The baseball sketch is wonderful.

Jo Castillo said...

fishing guy, hi! I am sometimes surprised myself. :) What I mean is, that I will put down some lines and later when I look back I see that I recorded more than I realized at the time. Thanks.

I just checked golf when I got home. Yay, Tiger! Too bad Justin lost. :(


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)