Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, June 21, 2007

The great horoscope continues....


Jo's Pots
5 x 7 inches, pastel

If you read my last blog, you already know I am on my way to great things. I know because it was in my horoscope yesterday. I could hardly wait to read it today. Thanks to Holiday Mathis, my good luck continues. Because the link connects only to today, I will post it here again. Mathis gets all the credit for this horoscope:

"VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22). You're pushing your energy to the edge. Find a competition and enter it. Spend time with accomplished friends who inspire you. You get a rush of self-esteem from living to the limit."

I took it to heart. I painted, washed the dishes and did some other art chores. I found a competition to enter. Then I went to the Austin Pastel Society meeting/dinner to be with my accomplished friends . And now I'm feeling good about myself!

I glanced at some of the other horoscopes for today. Interesting predictions. How did yours do for you?


I also checked the "Steppin' Out New Mexico" on-line art news and they put up my article for my show on July 7 - 8, in Magdalena, New Mexico. The magazine has most art events in New Mexico. It comes out in printed form and you can pick it up in restaurants, chamber of commerce offices, art galleries, etc., around New Mexico.

The Austin Pastel dinner was the last meeting for the year. We had a barbeque and an art stuff sale. Regina bought me a watercolor sketch kit. She spent ten cents on it! I may actually use it for the Scavenger Hunts on wetcanvas.com.

I put the pastel, Jo's Pots, on my blog tonight because I just love them. We bought these flower pots years ago in La Paz, Bolivia. They are cement and so heavy. We have three sizes from about 2 feet to 4 feet tall. When they are sitting in the yard and you catch a glimpse of them, they could be ladies sitting there with their babies on their backs, chatting and waiting for the bus. The women in Bolivia are so patient. Transportation is so limited that they walk many miles to take care of their children and homes. On boliviaweb.com you can look at photos, listen to music, send postcards and buy artifacts and food items. Fun! I have a Bolivia page on my website if you want to take a look.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)