Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, October 30, 2006

Birthday Dinner

My artist tonight is Julio Iglesias.

Gene's birthday and mine fall in August and September and we are away from home at that time. So we have extended birthdays. He and I celebrate ours where ever we are and then when we get home we go out with the kids. So tonight was the dinner. And now I am enjoying one of my presents. The CD, "Romantic Classics", Julio Iglesias. You can check it out on iTunes. The songs are in English. He is my all time favorite singer. I met him in Bolivia at a concert, but he was a favorite before that. We saw him again in Chile. But, I did discover him in Bolivia. :) When I listen I always think of Bolivia and the kids. They have given me many of his albums/CDs for Christmas and birthdays. It was Joanna's turn this time. Jennie picked it out as well, but.. Larry was there, too .. and on time! It was a nice dinner and fun to have everyone together. Doesn't happen too often. David lives in Kentucky so he and his family could not be there, of course. Hope to see them around Thanksgiving.

Oh, there was art there. We ate at Hyde Park Bar and Grill South and Mike Etie's pastels were on dislay. Very nice. He is a member of the Austin Pastel Society. A very nice show.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dinner was one of the worse dinners I have ever had in a restaurant, not even the pecan pie was able to erase the horrible taste. It stayed with me for a couple of days! Don't tell people it was a good dinner, Jennie's was not good and Larry did not care for his either. I guess you and Joanna were the only ones pleased withtheir dinner.

Jo Castillo said...

Ah, "nice dinner" I said, referring to the visit with the family. I should have been more explicit. I like the little tamales they make for a side. I don't remember what I ordered for a main dish, so it must have not been outstanding. :(

Joanna said...

My dinner was delicious. All the way around. And, Jennie's leftovers (which I took home) were quite tasty. I don't know why she didn't like the catfish.

I am sorry about you and your meatloaf, Dad.

Jo Castillo said...

You can please some of the people all of the time. And all of the people some of the time, etc.......

Guess since Lone Star has sort of disappeared we are stuck on some of the people.... ha.

Hunan was very good tonight.

Jo Castillo said...

I guess it is all in the presentation and expectation. See you next time!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)