Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, August 06, 2024

Fabric and Plastic Sketch

It was nice enough to sit on the porch a while this morning.  It has been up in the 100s for a few days so about 85º F at 7:30 a.m.   I sketched on my iPad with the Apple Pencil and fingers.  It probably took me an hour.  Much slower than pastels or ink sketching.   


For Scavenger Hunt from Life 124 https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-124-july-30-aug-7.7120/

Number 2 fabric - sock and pants
Number 3 plastic - sub the soles are sort of a rubbery plastic?? and the aglets are plastic.  My background looked more gray on the porch in the outdoor light on my screen.  Guess it makes the shoes more colorful.  This is my second pair of these shoes, I like them a lot.  The first pair has the whole sole on the bottom pink.  This pair the sole is black with the pink pieces on the edges.

We can always make substitutions on the Hunts.  It is fun to see all the different takes on the items.

We went for our annual checkups a couple of weeks ago and Dr. Pompeyo Chavez (our amazing doctor) recommended I get my ears checked.  Their system showed my right ear was a bit off.  They did flush it out and today I went to have them checked.  I passed with flying colors.  I thought I was having more trouble with white noise but no more than normal.  Maybe it is just because white noise bothers me.  I get so calm when all the motors stop in the house at night.  The a/c goes off, the fan goes off, refrigerator doesn't run, etc.  I love that.  So maybe I'm just agitated with the noise and that bothers more than my hearing when I'm around the "static".  At any rate, happy to know I'm not needing hearing aids.

G
M
T
Y
Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Good to "hear" that you don't need hearing aids and it was so easy to clear up your problem. The sneakers look fun with the touches of pink! I love how they design them with nice pops of color.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. I'm hearing you! :-) The sneakers are fun and very supportive and comfy.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (996) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1850) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (22) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)