Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, July 09, 2024

Playing in my Coffee

I was going to try some direct watercolor last night.  In direct watercolor you paint with the watercolor without drawing first with a pencil or pen.  I didn't have any water and I didn't want to use the waterbrushes.  Lazy me, I decided to just use the last of my coffee as paint.  It would have worked better if it had been a little stronger.  

When it got dry I did add some lines with a brown and dark brown Micron 005, bronze color with a Pigma brush pen, and more dark brown with a Prismacolor chisal.  I see a few more bushes to the right, do you?

It is doctor day for Gene and I.  We had to fast.  I think it is the day for the Medicare checkups so they test our walking, thinking, strength, etc.  Blood tests and more.  My mental/memory is much worse than a year ago.  Is it age or stress?  Guess I will find out today.  We will see Dr. Pompeyo Chavez.  He is a super doctor.  He is with Med-VIP so is on call any time and we can see him any day.  It is more expensive but worth every penny.  He is from Peru, so that is a plus for Gene.  They can talk in Spanish and remember good or bad times in Lima.  Ha.  We went with him and his wife for Peruvian food in Austin a couple of times.

Maybe I will sketch.



 



2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Love the result with the coffee painting. I've thought about trying that several times but was afraid I drink my coffee too light. lol

Hope all your tests went well. Glad you have a doctor that you both like. That is a definite plus...and the fact that you can reach him when needed.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. After I finished my post I looked to my right and I have a plastic bottle of water I've saved to sketch and to use for watercolors in a pinch! It was fun to use my coffee. Get our test results and visit on the 30th.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (49) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober2024 (2) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inktober2024 (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (69) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (1001) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1860) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (26) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)