Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, July 22, 2024

Mail-Latch-Sketch

I sketched in the small Canson drawing sketchbook.  It was handy from yesterday.  I used the Acurit pen.  I quite like the pen.

Number 7 mail - some junk mail torn in half.
Number 8 latch - on the TV stand/fireplace

For Scavenger Hunt 122  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-122-jul-14-jul-22.7060/

I keep thinking about painting with pastels and just haven't been doing it.  Maybe cleaning/putting away stuff in my studio would help.  We shall see.  

I was also thinking about pastels and fun painting with friends.  Reminded me of this painting, which I painted with my friend Sue.  She is supposed to come visit in September so maybe we will get another winner.  This may be my favorite painting ever.

 
Pump House
12 x 18 inches on UArt Sanded Paper
in plein air frame, sold
 
 

Water Canyon
Pastel 12 x 18
Another old favorite


Stacked
Pastel 8 x 16 inches
Panel with Colourfix Medium
A favorite still life apple painting. 

These paintings are prior to 2009 or 2010.  I was painting so much then.  So much for me.  I had 45 paintings in 2010 and 43 in 2009 that were framed.  That is almost a painting a week.  I painted more that were not framed.   I've painted about 4 this year that I would consider framing.  I better get with it!

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Good to see you are getting some sketching done. I seem to be procrastinating more than sketching, although I am working on paintings for a plein air event.

I think that when you stop painting or sketching or slow down for any reason it is so difficult to get back into doing it. I find that happens with the hunts. The list sits next to me on the couch and I keep looking at it...just not getting anything done.

I love seeing some of your past paintings. They are all lovely and colorful!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi, Joan. Sorry I've been a little tuned out. You do so much, can't believe you are procrastinating. :-) Thanks for checking in and the nice comments.

R's Rue said...

So pretty

Jo Castillo said...

Hey, R's Rue, thanks. :-)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (996) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1850) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (22) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)