Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, July 21, 2024

Hunt 122 Ink Sketches

We were watching TV, avoiding news.  I think we had on an old Law and Order.  Gene used to have to read a newspaper every morning.  Sometimes in Canada we would be far from a town and get the paper in the afternoon.  He would save it to look at in the morning with his coffee.  In fact, Gene taught himself to read by reading the paper behind the wood stove when he was about 4 years old.  So now with no printed paper he usually watches some morning news.  Today we just watched the weather and a few headlines.  Nothing new....so.  There is a paper, the Austin American Statesman, but it is like a day old, they send it out in the late evening so we don't buy it.  Some therapist on TV was saying that people that are addicted to news just like to be miserable.  Made us laugh. 

I sketched in the Canson Drawing, 5.5 x 8 inch, sketchbook with the Acurit 3 pen that I keep with it.  I wanted to use regular paper.  I need to get another regular paper larger sketchbook.  I will put it on my wish list. 

Number 5 decal - this Tunnel to Towers decal from 2022 is stuck on the BookFactory sketchbook that I just finished
Number 6 juice - my favorite V8 Energy in the orange/pineapple flavor.  So good.  They are a treat, not for every day.

For Scavenger Hunt from Life 122  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-122-jul-14-jul-22.7060/ 

 

 



I finished sketching so did a bit of doodling.  You can see different things if you turn it. 

I see a dog begging in the first.  A dragon looking around over his shoulder in the second.  A sort of flying Jumbo in the third and a frog on a rock/plant in the last.  What do you see??

I need to clean up my studio so that I will be more inclined to paint .... maybe tomorrow.  I did get some new frames for some paintings but will use those when David is here so he can learn Gene's method.




 

 

 

 

3 comments:

ashok said...

Quite a detailed sketching!

Joan Tavolott said...

Jerry watches news constantly...I try not to watch it at all. It is too political and both sides upset me. I'd rather have a newspaper. At least with that you can close it and put it to the side.

I like your decal and the beverage...although it doesn't sound too tempting to me. I like how different the zentangle designs look facing in different directions and flipped. It makes such a difference.

Jo Castillo said...

ashok, thank you. Sometimes it works and other times it is simple.

Joan, the news is awful on the political sides. Both are terrible. Maybe term limits would help congress. Someone suggested a 6 year term for president and one time only. All these people do is run for reelection. Sigh. I never thought I would like the fruit juice, but I really do. It is smooth and refreshing. I put it over ice. I've always had fun with my doodles. Tried framing a couple but which way?? Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (996) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1850) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (22) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)