Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, March 01, 2024

Substitute for Cat Pastel Sketch

Cat is on the Scavenger Hunt list.  I made the list and am hosting.  Why did I put cat on the list?  I'm using a recycled list so I must have had a reason.  We have no cats or cat toys in our world.  I'm allergic and don't care much for them to be around.

In junior high my best friend had a very big mean Siamese cat.  The cat was very "in your face".  I think it knew I would sneeze if it got close and liked to torture me by jumping on my lap.  I couldn't move it, Martha would have to come take the cat away.  Memories ... maybe that is my main aversion to the cat family.

Anyway, no cats here.  I think there are two pottery cats from South America but not "real" looking. 

I decided to sketch our Valentine bears as a substitute.  This is on wiped off UArt paper. I didn't wet it to blend the background just left it wiped off.  It was a landscape. 


For Scavenger Hunt from Life  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-105-february-29-march-8.6645/

Number 1 cat - bears.  The larger one is about 14 inches high and made of soft silky material along with the fake fur.  It is supposed to "speak" 100 words.  It sings the alphabet song.  You squeeze the ears and paws with many different sayings.    The little one is just soft and fluffy.

I forgot to say we have a new great granddaughter.  She is a cutie so now our grandson has 2 boys and 2 girls.  I think I will send her my new talking bear.  We have been able to facetime with the family.  How cool is that to see a day old grand when we can't be there!  Yay.



2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Congratulations on the addition to the family!!! It is great to have a way to see the baby without being there. I have so many new little family members that I have only seen that way...and some of them aren't so young any more. I like the bears...and a talking one can be a blessing or a curse. lol I may have to do a sub for a cat sketch too.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you so much. The talking curse can be a "get even" thing. Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (49) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober2024 (2) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inktober2024 (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (69) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (1001) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1860) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (26) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)