Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Hunt 107 Already Behind

Yep, already behind.  This Hunt 107 started on March 16.  Actually this is pretty much my routine, isn't it?  We will blame it on age ... and my usual lazy self.

Gene went to his second day of physical therapy yesterday so I sketched while I waited.  The first day I went to HEB grocery shopping.  It is right across the street.  (To the right of my sketch, catercorner from where I sat.)  I sketched in the Strathmore watercolor sketchbook planning to add color at home and make use of the paper.  I haven't added the color yet as you see.  I had a generic ball point pen, very unsatisfactory.  As I finished in the car I found a Sharpie Gel pen so added some to the equipment sketch.

I put that pen in my purse for next time!!

These are for Scavenger Hunt from Life 107  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-107-mar-16-mar-24.6699/

Number 1, odd -- I sketched a couple of the exercise machines.  Hard to tell which was which and after I finished the other sketches and was adding the Sharpie ink I think I'm missing some sort of arm exercise thing hanging from the top??

 
Number 2, landscape -- very vague as I planned adding the color.  Maybe I still will. 


Number 3, kitten or other small animal - tried to capture the pesky Grackles.  They are about 10 inches long, purple black color with gold highlights (very pretty like Purple Martins).  You wouldn't want any of them around.

That's it.  There are some cows in a pasture behind the building.  I'll see if they are out today.

Then it is baseball.  The Longhorns play Air Force.  It is fun to see.  They had a flyover last night and the players are full students at the Academy so will be defending our country after they play baseball.  Amazing young men.  I salute them!  

The Longhorns won 6-5 with a walk off in the 10th inning last night, so exciting. We watched on TV.  Hope to go today.   Have to root for both teams!  Gene was in the Air Force.

https://goairforcefalcons.com/sports/baseball


Added some quick color to the landscape:



1 comment:

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice to see the update on the landscape with the addition of color. Glad you were able to sketch a bit during your wait time. Hope that Gene is doing well with the PT.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1801) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)