Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, February 04, 2024

Waterscape Pastel

Waterscape is on the Hunt list.  Probably should do it in watercolor, but nice enough to get out on the porch with my pastels.  It was pretty windy, but beautiful otherwise.

This called for me to wipe off a 5 x 7 inch Pastelbord.  The board was dark green to start with and had some red flowers so this left a nice dark background/under painting when wiped and blended with alcohol.  I used a variety of pastels from my plein air pastel box.  

My plein air easel is falling apart.  I need to find one that fits on the top of my regular easel.  I need something lighter weight anyway.  I used to use a cardboard box from some pastels and moved most to this metal carrier.  Very heavy.  Pastels are heavy enough on their own.  So the search is on and I will be getting out my cardboard box.

For Scavenger Hunt 101 https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-101-jan-28-feb-5.6526/


Number 8 waterscape - out toward the easterly pond and the bridge.

And the photo.  Of course the light changed when I decided to take a photo.  It is over an hour later.



 



4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Jo this is gorgeous. I appreciate how much work goes into such an excellent pastel landscape. Thank you for sharing that this was dusted off from a former piece and repurposed. Hope you have a lovely week. Hugs!

Jo Castillo said...

Debbie, thanks so much. Looking forward to this week. Pastel is the easiest medium for me. Easy to correct and change. Biggest problem is storage! One reason I wipe off so much. Thanks again. You have a good week, too.

Joan Tavolott said...

I didn't get over here yesterday after all the problems with my internet. I like this one...great color and composition!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, hope your internet is fixed. This was fun to do.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (996) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1850) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (22) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)