Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, November 08, 2023

What a Face Sketch

Actually I'm using a selfie sketch, my face, for four items on the Scavenger Hunt list.  I took the idea from Joan, seems a good way to quickly sketch all the items.  I used Facetime on my computer instead of a regular mirror.  Very handy here at my desk.

#6 has hair, #7 a pair of eyes, #8 nose and #9 mouth - I sketched in the BookFactory sketchbook with a Micron 01 freehand.  I never like photos of myself and I'm not fond of self portraits, maybe because they look like me!  Anyway about 30 minutes.

The sketch is for Scavenger Hunt from Life 90  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-90-nov-2-10.6172/

 Jo's thoughts, no more art below....

Gene is on his trike this morning.  It is cloudy and a little windy, but rain is in the forecast, especially for Thursday evening, so he is trying to get in a few miles.  It will be hard for him to reach his goal but it is doable if he can get close to 10 miles every other day.  Weather may change that and company for Thanksgiving.  He missed a lot of days in the spring.  Hopefully it will go well.

 

 

We voted in Texas yesterday for propositions, amendments, to the Texas constitution.  All the amendments seem to have passed except the one to allow judges to stay until they are 85 instead of 80.   I think that is a good idea, not that I'm 80 and don't think to clearly along with most of us seniors.    Most of the amendments had about 3,000,000 - 3,500,000 votes.  So roughly 10% of the population (not counting the millions of illegal aliens) decide what the rest of Texans want in their life.   

One amendment gives some day care organizations non-profit status.  I'm not sure if this gives us better day care or just more day care.  Also giving breaks to pharmaceutical companies .. they seem to make plenty of money as it is.  Another may allow State Income Tax in the future.  Is it better to tax big companies and have less profit or have more profit and more jobs?  Another had something to do with cleaning up and streamlining the power plants.  Will the money be used for that?  They are supposed to be doing that anyway.  

Also we were given "I voted" stickers, a choice of a sad bluebonnet or a rainbow something.  What happened to the US Flag??  Sigh........

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Glad to "see" you again. Nice selfie!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joan and thank you. I liked your "selfie", too.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (997) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1851) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (23) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)