Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Catchup Sketches Inktober Day 20 and 22

It looks like I just skipped Inktober Day 20 and all that went with it for the day.  Interesting when every day is numbered for Inktober.  

I actually did the sketch on the evening of the 19th.  We went to the 602 Brew Pub https://www.602brewing.com/  for dinner and to paint with the artists.  It is a nice way to pass a few hours and get something good to eat. We have known Raymond for most of the years we've lived in Bastrop.  He is a great chef.  We have been eating his crawfish chowder since the beginning.  Sooooo good. 

I didn't have any idea of what to paint or sketch so I decided to do Inktober for the next day.  The item was "frost".  We don't see much of that in central Texas.  I thought of cake frosting and then remembered Jack Frost, a character in the British series "A Touch of Frost".  He is a curmudgeon and would be interesting to sketch.


Inktober Day 20 - frost in the Ohuhu sketchbook with an Acurit 03 and added the dark gray and black with Piochoo brush tip pens at home.

I had a little more time and thought I should "paint" something so I did a sketch with a Micron 02 and added some watercolor.  It is about 6 x 8 inches in the Ohuhu mix media sketchbook.

For today Scavenger Hunt 88 and Inktober Day 22 I sketched at my computer desk with a Micron 02 in the bookFactory sketchbook all on one page.

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-88-oct-17-oct-25.6124/


Number 4 easy chair or something you sit on - a dining chair
Number 5 something you can eat - a couple of small pears with some red on them, pretty should have done in pastel
Number 6 gift from a friend - a back scratcher that is about 8 inches long and extends to 24 inches or so.  The gift was intended to use as a mahl stick that you can stick in your art kit and use plein air.  It was a $1 or so at the Dollar Store and a "real" mahl stick is $20 or more online.  Nice gift, thanks Sue.

That is it for today, and all caught up, right??

I should work on homework for Enid's class.  One part is to look at the current exhibits at the International Association of Pastel Societies (IAPS). 

http://www.iapspastel.org/exiaps_current.php 

Look at paintings, find something you like and determine "why".  Maybe you can see if they used under painting, contrast in color, contrast in thick or thin paint, etc.  Then do a painting with an under painting and different strokes. Maybe I can do this, self:  Get up and go paint!



6 comments:

Carolyn said...

I vê been sick ever since seeing you at the Bridges Building. Maybe that’s where I picked up RSV. Dr Lerma tested me for the most likely candidates and felt it was RSV. In my entire 77 years, I’ve never used so many boxes of tissue. He gave me some kind of shot and the axles disappeared but the congestion remains. I’ve been doing sketching and painting coasters and enjoying it immensely. I have just enough energy to do this, and like you, so many options for mediums.

Thank you so much for introducing this to me. I’ve just become well enough to begin following you. Yesterday, I finally went through my plethora of emails. This looks wonderful. I love ve it.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Joan Tavolott said...

You did quite a bit to catch up. For some reason I forgot to post yesterday. I also forgot to take my 3 morning meds. It is too easy to get distracted when everything is in a different location than at home.

R's Rue said...

Amazing job

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Carolyn. Fun to see you here. Happy the coasters are working out and fun. Hope you feel better soon so we can sketch together.

Hugs...

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks so much. I get distracted at home so much. You know how it goes with life in the way of art!!

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, thanks. See ya.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (996) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1850) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (22) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)