Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, August 14, 2023

Apple Water

Well,  blue and red for items on the new Hunt.  Of course apple for red and I had an old bottle of water on my desk and it looks sort of blue and the label is blue.  More watercolor practice, I'm not sure if I'm learning anything or this is just a way to "kill" time.  I do like the way the leaf turned out.

I sketched at my computer desk with a Micron 02 and watercolors.  This is in the Strathmore Bristol sketchbook, large, that Sue gave me.  The first sketch in the book is 2013.

The first sketched in the book.  I sketched Sue sketching on the porch then we went down to Fisherman's Park by the Colorado River it seems.

Sue decorated the book for me.  Three dimensional items.  Fun! (sorry for the glare)  I left the Strathmore cover over this so the items haven't fallen off. 


For Scavenger Hunt from Life 80
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-80-aug-14-22.5870/

And today's sketch in the book.  

Number 1, blue - the label on an old bottle of water on my desk.  I keep thinking to use it for the watercolor sketches and forget and get water in a container  ... so there it sits.
Number 2, red - has to be an apple.  Neat that the apple had a dried up leaf on it.

We binged on "Shetland" on BritBox the last couple of days.  It is good but intense.  I have to have closed captions for some of the Scotish slang.  Have to watch something like "Pie in the Sky", a lighthearted mystery, to relax after watching, heh, heh.

Hope your week treats you well.  See ya later.


4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

It took you a while to get the second sketch done in the book. lol I think the watercolor of the apple came out really well...good blending of color.

Debbie Nolan said...

Jo great job with the apple and water bottle. It is always fun to see what you are sketching for the Scavenger Hunt. Hubby and I are hooked on the old series "Providence" each night. It began every evening on Dish network since the 18th of June...it had I believe 192 episodes. Don't know what we will do after it ends (:!! May have to start watching "Murder She Wrote" again! Hugs!

Jo Castillo said...

Debbie, thanks so much. I will check out Providence. The old shows are so ridiculous and the new ones are too dark. We have watched a few of Manix and he is shot and wrecked so many times. Hmmm.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan, you made me laugh. There are quite a few sketches in between. There are 5 sheets or 10 pages left in the book out of 24 and 48. A few of the sketches are without watercolor. You have been busy. I've been lazy.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (996) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1850) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (22) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)