Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, July 21, 2023

Sketching and Listening

Last night after we got home I was listening/watching a video from Plein Air Magazine.  It was on live yesterday and I forgot to watch, even though I set an alarm.  We do that often around here ... ignore alarms for medications, etc.

I was listening here

https://www.youtube.com/live/fiuh8K1Xirk?feature=share

It is a conversation with Eric Rhoads, host, and artists Albert Handel, Aaron Schuerr, Jill Stefani Wagner and William A.  Schneider.  It's two hours plus long.  I wouldn't have listened to it all as it was mostly just them talking about how they started and what they do to be inspired.  No new news to me.  But I listened and sketched.  They said one way to advance was to copy paintings of masters and artist's you like.  I wasn't going to paint but decided to sketch from Richard McKinley's paintings.  

http://mckinleystudio.com/collections/47427

Maybe you will recognize the two I copied.

These are with a Micron 08 in the BookFactory Sketchbook, page about 8 x 10 inches.

 

 

I also did a couple of sketches for Scavenger Hunt 76, in the same sketchbook with a Micron 02.

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-76-july-13-21.5748/

 

Number 8 jewelry in a small bowl - I put too much of a bottom on the bowl, it was a bit more open.
Number 9 corner of a room - in my studio

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Listening and sketching is a great idea. A lot of the videos are too long to sit through all at once. Sometimes I watch them in piecemeal fashion.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. I did get some sketching in. That was good. You get so much more than me.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (997) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1851) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (23) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)