Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Living Room Hunt

An item on the Scavenger Hunt was "something from the living room".  I was chatting via telegram with Joe in Florida so sketched part of the living room that I can see from my computer desk.  

 


This is about half a page in the big Canson sketchbook with the Micron 02.  

Number 2, something from the living room

Joe and I were talking food and memories growing up.  He grew up in New York so had Italian and Deli food in his world.  We had steaks and chicken and Mexican food in our small town.  I can't remember ever having Chinese or Italian until we moved to Albuquerque after 1966.  We had a drive-in in Socorro about 26 miles away in the "big town".  No fast food until Albuquerque.

So now I'm hungry and going to work on a frame for the Pub Dog.  I'm giving it to Raymond at the 602 Brew Pub where I got the idea.

Pub Dog
Pastel on Pastelbord, 9 x 12 inches
Framed in Gallery Frame

Hope to go to the pub tonight and paint with the other artists.  You can come paint, too.  If you don't have anything to paint, Jana has a few things and you can pay a small fee and paint along.  You will get a discount on your food and a free beer if you sign up.  Sounds like fun to me.  Starting after 4-430 p.m.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y’all have fun tonight. It’s nice that you’re giving the painting to Raymond.
— (not-so-anonymous) Joanna

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, thank you so much. The frame I ordered doesn't work so have to wait for another frame. Hobby Lobby doesn't keep open back frames anymore here so have to order. I might find a photo frame that will work, will have to look again there or at Walmart.

Joan Tavolott said...

Great idea to give him the painting. Hope you find a frame. Enjoy painting tonight. It sounds like a lot of fun.

There were some fast food places when I was a kid. We would stop at a Nathan's Hot Dog stand once in a while coming home from the beach. I know by the time I was in HS we had White Castle and Wetsons. Wetsons is gone now and was probably replaced by McDonalds. I don't ever remember seeing a Mexican restaurant here for a very long time. But we always had Italian and Chinese when we were kids.

bag blog said...

I love the way the Pub Dog turned out. The colors and light are great. The Hobby lobby in Lawton still has a fairly good selection of frames, but rarely a 9x12, which is what I use often on my little watercolors. If I have time, I order from Art to Frames and get the glass too.

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, thank you so much. I love my pastels. I ordered a gallery frame from Blick I think and it wont hold the pastelbord and glass. I will have to do a watercolor or something without glass.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (997) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1852) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (23) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)