Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, March 06, 2023

Dental Impressions

Well, it was a dentistry day.  I went for the impressions for the bridge to finish my implants in my lower jaw.  It will be nice to chew on my right side.  About 9 months from start to the finish in about 3 weeks.  Whew!

I don't have much time to sketch in that office.  I was in the waiting room about 10 minutes.  Called right on time so barely finished the plant.  Then in the chair I had about 15 minutes to sketch out the window.  I put on the watercolor at home.  No time for much detail or more sketches.

For Scavenger Hunt 59 https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-59-feb-27-mar-7-2023.5218/


Number 7 plant - in the waiting area

Number 8 ink - sketched with ink (The list is alphabetical and I thought flag was on the list )

These are in the Visual Journal, 5.5 x 8 inches,  with the Acurit pen.  Watercolor added at home.


We have our puny little bluebonnet patch.  They are pretty big.  I hadn't even noticed them and they are about 10 inches tall!

Gene and Jo's blues by the mailbox.

 

 

 


This showed up on my blog posting page.  It would be nice to know which post was unpublished and which Community Guideline was broken.

I had received an email yesterday or the day before that two posts were removed.  Those had a date and post name but didn't show the post or the offense.  Hard to correct the post if they already removed it.  Oh well, one was in 2007 and one in 2009.  Guess we won't worry about those.  Joanna says they may have had Java script or other things that aren't used anymore.

Hope your week goes well.  I have a little free time.  Not much.  I did miss Enid's class today while at  the dentist.  The prizes for the APS Show are here except for some Unison pastels coming from England.  About 10 days so far.  Supposedly they were in Chicago at customs this morning.  They were sent by Royal Mail.  I wonder which carrier will bring them to my house.  We will finish packing them up for the show on Friday.  Awards are on Sunday.  I will post the info tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No telling what was wrong. I occasionally get things taken down on Instagram for supposed copyright infringement. I think a lot of that stuff is flagged by bots and they fail some sort of algorithm test that yields false positives. Instagram does let you see the post and I almost always claim fair use and they get restored. But, if Google won’t let you see the posts, there’s nothing you can do about it.

Anonymous said...

(Forgot to sign that: I’m “(not-so-anonymous) Joanna”)

bag blog said...

Love the sketches with the watercolor! I thought I had posted a video of Jesse being interviewed for her mural in downtown Wichita Falls, but it is nowhere to be found. No wonder no one commented on it.

Jo Castillo said...

Not-so-anonymous Joanna, thanks for the sympathy. Not important but irritating anyway. I'll just keep doing what I do.

bag blog, thank you. I feel more comfortable to sketch with ink and add color so not sure how much I learn that way. Hope you get Jesse's mural interview found.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (49) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober2024 (2) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inktober2024 (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (69) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (1001) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1860) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (26) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)