Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, December 01, 2022

Sketches for the End of Hunt47

I didn't get many sketches done for Hunt 47.  That is OK.  Sometimes we just need a break from art and sketching.

Last night I quit watching TV early and decided to use the Facetime camera to do a self portrait sketch.  The camera is good and shows all my lines.  Yikes.  Gene's family on his mother's side have zero wrinkles.  Gene looks much younger than me.  As a friend of mine says, I need ironing!  I'm pretty sure my face is rounder and more double chin and wrinkles.  Sigh.....

For Scavenger Hunt 47
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-47-nov-23-dec-1.4782/df

Number 4 - self portrait, in the ArtStreet sketchbook with a Micron 02


We went to get the car serviced today and I figured we would be there a couple of hours.  We were surprised to be done in less than an hour.  I did get a couple of sketches in the Ohuhu sketchbook with a Micron 03.  I intended to add watercolor in that book but never got back to the sketches when we got home.


Number 5 related to your car - the waiting room
Number 6 related to sound - Gene's headphones that sit on his temples and not in his ears.  I think they are called bone in for some reason.  His are blue.

A new Hunt started today.  I got the list, we shall see how it goes.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're bone-conducting headphones!

The wrinkles comment made me laugh. :-)

—Joanna.

Joan Tavolott said...

Good sp sketch...although you are right that your face is a little rounder. I leave out most of the lines...artistic license. lol

Jo Castillo said...

Ha, Joan. Thank you so much...Hugs.

Jo Castillo said...

Anonymous, Joanna, ha. I knew the headphones had something to do with bones!! It might be Ellie that had the ironing comment.
Hugs.

bag blog said...

I recognized your self portrait right off. Good job! I always make myself look a little thinner. Artistic license.

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, happy you recognize me but you know how it is, do I really look like that? I still see me "young" and am surprised when I see the old lady in the mirror.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)