Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Free in Watercolor Plus

Gene and I walked out to the first bench on the West side of the lakes.  The water is sooo low.  It should be almost to the big tree.  We did see an egret, some turtles and some small ducks. There were some  turkey buzzards up high, guess they were enjoying gliding in the wind.

My sketch is in the Ohuhu Mix Media sketchbook.  I used the Micron 03 for sketching and the small pocket watercolor kit with a waterbrush.  The sketch took about 15 minutes.  It was so windy we decided to come back.  As we walked the wind died down and was nice again by the time we got back.  It was about 74 degrees out.  

For Scavenger Hunt from Life 48
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-48-dec-1-9.4832/

Number 2, free space 

 

Well, I wrote this yesterday and never sent it!  Surprise!! 

 

I have been busy since then, so here you go.

Last night I played on my iPad.  I hardly ever do that.  I started watching a Midsomer Murders on PBS and liked the opening scene so sketched it and didn't finish watching the show.  It is recorded and I have seen it probably 3 or 4 times anyway.


 Midsomer field about 45 minutes on my iPad with Brushes.


Then another 20 minutes on the iPad for this holly sketch.  Just for fun.


This morning was very nice.  Gene and I sat on the porch for our pumpkin bread and coffee.  I hadn't baked anything for ages.  I sketched in the ArtStreet sketchbook with a Micron 03.  About half a page for about 30 minutes.


 

For Scavenger Hunt from Life 48.
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-48-dec-1-9.4832/page-2#post-81377

Number 3 chair and Number 4 shoes




 




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stopping to do the Midsummer sketch instead of watching the made me smile. I really like it and the watercolor. Hugs.

— Joanna. :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Hey, Joanna. Thanks, not sure why I didnt feel up to watching TV. Maybe just too much of that lately. The walk was short, but got in a sketch.

Joan Tavolott said...

You are sneaking in sketches and I'm missing them. lol

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, I know what you mean. I'm having a hard time getting a good blog reader again and have to search out my usual bunch.

bag blog said...

I am glad I got to visit and sit on your back porch and see the views. Now I can know where you are and what you see.

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, it was wonderful for you to be here and see our views. We should have walked a bit out on the dam. Oh, well, next time.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)