Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, October 01, 2022

Trees, Trees and More Trees

Trees, trees, and more trees.  Well sort of.  The item on the Scavenger Hunt from Life was "Forest or variety of trees".  Our back yard is full of trees.  I ended up sketching three kinds.  The oak tree on the left, the big elm on the right and the pine trees in the background.  There is a big cedar/juniper in the yard and some other trees that lose their leaves on the left/front side of the house.  I could have done more details by just drawing the individual trees, but ..... you know me.  Lazy.

For Scavenger Hunt from Life 40
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-40-sep-28-oct-6.4482/



Number 4, forest or variety of trees.  Some from the back yard.  The tree on the right is much bigger than I made it.

Inktober starts today.  I'm not doing it this year.  Too much life in the way.  There are also some strange prompts, the first of which is gargoyle.  I'm not into gargoyles.  If you are interested in partaking of a daily ink sketch or drawing, here is the link:  https://inktober.com/

Of course you can make your own list, and I could use the drawing above, but I like to stick with the "real" list.  They also have a drawing a week.  The main idea is to sketch every day.

You are welcome to sketch along with us on the Scavenger Hunts, too.  Whatever you decide, have fun!!

7 comments:

ashok said...

Nice sketch of trees

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice variety of trees! I am doing Inktober, but I am not as excited about it as I've been in the past. I think I just love color and it is hard to give that up for a long length of time. I don't use the prompts. I might have done a gargoyle, but the second item was "scamper" and I don't have the time to think about how to do it. I'm much happier sketching something right in front of me.

Jo Castillo said...

ashock, thank you. I've really been enjoying the snapshots of your world.

Joan, thanks. I just don't have any enthusiasm for much and Inktober pulls me away from other projects. You sketch so much anyway. I haven't been doing a sketch a day, but have been trying to keep up with the Scavenger Hunts.

Jennifer Rose said...

im doing inktober, but just drawing what ever lol

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, you do well with your daily projects. I love checking them out. Especially the dragons.....

bag blog said...

I didn't do Inktober this year. Just too many irons in the fire.

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, Exactly! No time.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)