Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Another Hunt, Another Sketch

My posting has been sporadic.  It is another Hunt.  I sketched yesterday or the day before on my iPad for the new Hunt.

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-36-aug18-26.4335/

The Hunts seem to be coming and going faster and faster.  Believe me the time if flittering away.


Number 1 large - the huge Loblolly pines in the back.  They must be 60 feet tall or more.  Sketched on my iPad with the Brushes app and my fingers and probably some of the Apple pencil.

Number 2, shopping cart - subbing the luggage cart, we have used it so much.  More for moving boxes around than luggage but very handy.

Number 3, related to walking - a walking stick carved from wood by a local artist.  It's in Gene's cane collection but heavy for everyday use, more an art piece.  

These last two are in the 9 x 12 inch Canson regular paper sketchbook with a Micron 02.

We have finally had some rain and more expected this week.  That will be great.  The rain is much needed.  The showers have been very scattered so we are hoping the rain will cover more area this time.

I haven't finished my pastel paintings to show you.  Life gets in the way.  We have 4 days out of the house this next week for doctors and physical therapy.  Hopefully I can get some sketching done while waiting.


 


6 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I like your digital sketch of the trees. I tried doing a digi at the beach but gave up. It was too hard to see what I was doing in the sunshine. I like the detail on the walking stick.

Hopefully you will get more rain. It has been missing us most of the time this summer, although we did get a bit a few nights ago. The forecast is for rain tomorrow into Tuesday, so maybe it will actually happen. We need it too.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. Yes, you can't do the sketches outside, I was on the porch. Especially if you can't charge your phone, it uses so much "juice" to be on bright screen. We have more rain in the forecast, too, fingers crossed.

bag blog said...

I thought the pines sketch was a pastel. Interesting. The cane and the cart are fun. We have had some rain the last few days. I am very thankful. We were needing it. Of course that means we will have to mow next weekend.

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, thanks so much. We had an inch of rain today. Yay. Will need to have the mowers next week, too. Joanna had 4 inches at her place in Austin. Maybe we will get more tomorrow.

R's Rue said...

Hope you’re doing well.

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, thanks so much. We are as well as old folks can be. :-)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)