Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, April 01, 2022

Add a Little Color

I did my regular sketches for the Scavenger Hunt yesterday and then added a little color to the other sketch I did.



For Scavenger Hunt 18 Number 6 - feet touching, with a Sharpie pen in a small mix media sketchbook.   These are Gene's feet waiting for a bone density test.  I thought they would call him right away so did the bottom sketch.  They didn't call so thought I could get in another.  Neither is a winner.  Should have taken my time and maybe ended up with half but better.

I even had time to do another sketch of a photo on the wall of a landscape with bluebonnets in it.  In the same small sketchbook with the same pen.


This morning I decided that because it was in the mix media sketchbook I would add a little watercolor.  I think I prefer the black and white version.  Hmmmm.

The Austin Pastel Show is over in Austin.  Enid is picking up my painting for me, then I will get it from her.  That will be good, haven't seen her in months.  Check out her work on  her new beautiful website.

https://www.enidwood.com/







7 comments:

R's Rue said...

Happy Friday my friend.

Joan Tavolott said...

Fun sketches of Gene's feet. I like the sketch of the landscape in black and white, but in color too. Sweet!

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, thanks, you have a good weekend.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you. The landscape was fun from a huge photo.

Debbie Nolan said...

Jo these are great sketches. It looks like you took advantage of the waiting and put it to a fun creative moment. Love the landscape and both with color and without look super. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

Jennifer Rose said...

I really like the coloured sketch 😀 was Genes bone test ok?

Jo Castillo said...

Hi, Debbie, thank you so much. I have a hard time deciding on color so I took the black and white photo just in case. -)

Jennifer Rose, I always need practice with watercolor. Thank you. Gene's test will come back early this week. I'm pretty sure he is OK or he would have a broken bone by now!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (49) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober2024 (2) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inktober2024 (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (69) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (1001) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1860) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (26) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)