Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Sketching Out and About

I finally went sketching out and about in Bastrop.  Gene started daily physical therapy for a month.  I am the driver so I sketched while he worked out.  Hopefully this will help him with his balance and walking.  I will try to do some walking while waiting as well.

The prompts for Scavenger Hunt from Life 16 included animal and pole.  I sketched in the 9 x 12 Canson regular paper sketchbook with a Micron 02.


 

The cows were far away.  Gene says my sketch makes them look like pigs.  Either way it is "animal".  I left out a lot of detail in both sketches.  It is nice to sketch something different.

The cactus near the fence was new to me.  It has mini cactus pears on it.  Searching on the internet it looks like it is a Pencil Cholla.  I like that idea.  Hope I can catch it when it blooms next year.



Tree is on the list so maybe I will walk down the street and sketch some different trees than what we have here at the house.

The Longhorns lost the game to the College of Charleston yesterday.  Not sure why they are having difficulty.  Maybe it is better now than the end of the season for the tournaments!  They are supposed to play the Citadel tonight but it is raining in South Carolina so we shall see.   You can stream or listen on the internet at texassports.com

 Hook 'em Horns!




2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

i thought they were cows lol 😀

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, Whew! Thanks for "seeing" them. :-)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (49) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober2024 (2) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inktober2024 (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (69) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (1001) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1860) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (26) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)