Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Sketches and Learning Links

Sketching today definitely falls in the homework category.  A necessary chore instead of something fun to do.  But, I gotter done as Gene might say.

I sketched in the 9 x 12 sketchbook with regular paper and used the Sharpie fine line pen.   This pen is about an 03 in Micron size, not as fine as the Micron 02 I use the most.


For Scavenger Hunt from Life 17, Number 1 - something for cleaning, a cloth for the computer screens or glasses.  Number 2 - something for exercise.  I need to practice sketching the weights and also need to use them.  Didn't get the proportions very well.  Homework!


I received a couple of interesting email notices of articles I found interesting:

Kim Casebeer tells how she paints clouds plein air in the Outdoor Painter blog.

https://www.outdoorpainter.com/how-to-paint-clouds-en-plein-air/

 

Phil Davies used to have a site called Art Tutor, I think, and has a new one called Draw Awesome.  He is putting his lessons free on YouTube, a new one every Friday.  Here is the first and you can subscribe if you like.  He is very generous with a lot of info on his site and blog.

https://www.drawawesome.com/blog/free-pencil-drawing-lesson-boat-on-a-shore

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Ah...those hand weights. I have them in several places around the house. I used to use them when I watched TV, but got out of the habit. I'm trying to get Jerry to use them once in a while. He really does no exercise and should. One of our guests the last few days is a retired nurse who worked with patients rehabbing from heart surgery and falls. She made Jerry use them a bit and encouraged him to walk more. We'll see how that goes. lol It is hard for me to tell him what to do when I've slacked off so much lately.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, yes, those weights just lie around. I like working with weights more than total gym or machines, but I've been lazy. Gene is using them a little since we started the PT. It is very hard to take advice from a spouse!

R's Rue said...

Have a blessed day my friend.

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, back at you, my friend!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (49) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober2024 (2) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inktober2024 (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (69) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (1001) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1860) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (26) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)