Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sketchy Room and Joanna Fest Reminder

Room was a prompt for the Scavenger Hunt from Life this Hunt.  I have sketched our rooms so many times.  I don't think I have sketched this view of the dining room.

 For Scavenger Hunt from Live #13

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-13-feb-14-feb-22.3483/page-3

Number 8  Room -  from the couch you see my favorite chair and the dining room behind it.

I did the prompts for this Hunt.  One word book names.  Maybe you will be inspired to sketch a few.  Here is the list.

Scavenger Hunt from Life #13: Feb 14 - Feb 22

Room (Emma Donoghue)
Beloved (Toni Morrison)
Dune (Frank Herbert)
Pretties (Scott Westerfield)
Uglies (Scott Westerfield)
Jaws (Peter Benchley)
Hatchet (Gary Paulsen)
Hunger (Knut Hamsun)
Twisted (Laurie Halse Anderson)
Scoop (Evelyn Waugh)
Fences (August Wilson)
Blankets (Craig Thompson)
Feathered (Laura Kasischke)
Scarlett (Alexandra Ripley)
Lucky (Alice Sebold)
Sphere (Michael Crichton)
Beastly (Alex Flinn)
Chess (Steven Zweig)
Valentine (Elizabeth Wetmore)
Milkweed (Jerry Spinelli)
Dolly (Susan Hill)
Chocolat (Joanne Harris)
Connections (James Burke)
Socks (Beverly Cleary)
Flush (Carl Hiaasen)
Birdie (Tracey Lindberg)

 

Yesterday we went to our first Longhorn baseball game of the season.  They are playing Rice this weekend.  Friday night, opening night, it was cold so we watched on TV.  We (and you) get the Longhorn Network free if you have ESPN sports package.  We don't have that as we only watch baseball, so we turn it on for a few months, then off again.  We therefore pay some bucks to see the free network.  Makes sense on their side I guess.  Anyway the Horns won big the first two games.  They play today but we will miss the game as you know.

Today is Joanna Fest so I'm outta here.....

 



4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

hats actually a good idea for z list to sketch

Mary said...

Your sketching discipline is inspiring, Jo! Fun to read all those book titles and think back on those I have read (not a great many on this list). Although it's sometimes a difficult read, I was moved by the book Room--an impressive author achievement.

Oh well, that is all beside the point, isn't it? I love the scarlet objects in your previous post! The highlights and dark areas are beautifully done and really bring this sketch to life.

Bag Blog said...

I scrolled down to find out more about the Joanna Fest. Really cool! I scrolled on down to see where I left off with my comments on each post. I'm pretty sure I commented on some posts way back there, but maybe they got lost in space. Or maybe I messed up. Anyway, nice view/sketch of your dining room and chair.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Joanna Fest was fantastic. Thanks for thinking of us and commenting. You know now it was my fault you couldn't find your comments!

Mary, thanks. So nice to hear from you. Happy you read a book from the list, even if it was hard. I hadn't read any, just seen a couple of the movies as I recall. Sorry this is so late.

Jennifer Rose, yes, lists are good for prompts. I have used one word books, songs and movies. Fun.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (49) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober2024 (2) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inktober2024 (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (69) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (1001) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1860) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (26) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)