Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, January 31, 2022

Two Hand Poses Sketch

One of the prompts is "two hand poses".  We've drawn our hands many times in the Scavenger Hunts.  I'm pretty  used to mine!  I should get Mr. Gene to pose but then I would have to move to another room.  So it will be my hand.  

Number 3, glass - the little glass elephant
Number 4, two hand poses

 These are in the Canson regular sketchbook, done with a sharpie pen.

 

 

Both of these sketchbooks are 9 x 12 image size, a bit larger with the edges.  I started the watercolor sketchbook, 30 pages, in 2019 in Angel Fire.  The regular one, 100 pages,  I started in 2014 at home.  I also work in the small sketchbooks and on pastel paper and digital on the iPhone or iPad or computer so may take a few more years to finish. Neither one is half done.

I actually have a few finished sketchbooks on hand.  I'm surprised when I look in them.  My style is about the same and the sketches are good or bad depending on the mood I was in or the time I had.  If I was interested and motivated the sketches are always better.

It is a crazy cloudy, wet day.  When that happens our satellite wifi goes out.  We were going out to do stuff but not worth getting wet.   It is pastel class day with Enid.  I watched for a while on the phone but that is slow today as well.  I will do some homework for next week, right?  Hopefully make up my class.

We celebrated Larry's birthday yesterday at Inca Chicken.  Odd restaurant with Peruvian owner, decorations and food.  The menu is a bit eclectic with some Mexican touches like a Taco Salad a la Inca.  Here is the menu, https://inka-chicken.com/menu
The restaurant is very north Austin where Pflugervile starts so not a drop by place for any of us. It is  fast food style where you order at the counter and they bring it to you.  They did have Chilean wine and real plates and silverware.  Most of their business is carry out from the looks of it.  We had a good time trying the "new" food items and some old ones like the Yucca Frita.  I love fried yucca.  I wanted some Alfajores (sort of like wedding cookies with carmelized condensed milk between layers) but they were out by the time we ordered.  The flan was pretty good. I had Tres Leches cake but that is not a real favorite.  But fun to see everyone and celebrate with the caboose of the family.  And as usual, no photos. As Larry, the photographer says, "We are the worst."



 

 

 




5 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I have so many sketchbooks and there are quite a few good works within them. I should refer to them more often.

Mary said...

Great job on the hands, Jo--not an easy drawing to do. I miss blogging, but haven't gotten back to it yet. One day soon, I hope--after my current run of physical therapy plus home exercises is complete maybe.

Jennifer Rose said...

happy late birthday to Larry!
always nice to go out and celebrate together

Bag Blog said...

Happy birthday to Larry! Inca food sounds great. My cousin in-law posted pics from her recent cruise around the tip of South America. She spent time in Argentina and Chile as well as other islands and such in the area. One of these days, I want to see those countries, too.

Jo Castillo said...

Sorry for answering so late, y'all must have thought it was you not me.

Mary Sheehan Winn, thanks for stopping in. I have many sketchbooks with either a few pages finished and some that are almost full. Different paper for different things. You might find a sketch you would like to frame in your books.

Mary, thank you. We've drawn lots of hands in the Scavenger Hunts. Practice helps. Mine are better when I concentrate. I'm not sure I knew you were in phisical therapy. Hope that is helpful and you can get back to your blog.

Jennifer Rose, it was super to get out with Larry and the rest of the family. He livens up the group!

Thanks from Larry, Bag Blog. I remember your trip to Peru. Hopefully you will get to Chile and Argentina. Some beautiful sights and fun in Chile ... mmm on the seafood and a magnificent steak in Argentina!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (982) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (14) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)