Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, August 13, 2021

Routine Sketches

Are routines good?  Sometimes I feel like I get much more accomplished if I stick to a routine.  Have my snack in the morning with some good coffee and sketch.  Exercise.  Then post.  If I do that,  I have the rest of the day for painting, vegging or going out.  But sometimes that feels like a "rut" and that we should do something else.

Yesterday we opted for going to breakfast first.  Then the grocery store.  I had Gene all "trained" for grocery shopping but the past few months I have been doing the shopping.  How did that happen?  I do not like shopping at all and especially groceries.  Part of that is my list problem.  I can't follow a list or make a list to get going.  I do have the grocery app on my phone and that helps.  I still forget to put things on the list.  It is nice at the store because it tells you which aisle to go down to find your items.  I suppose I can get used to that.

We went to breakfast at the Texas Grill.  It is pretty good, sort of an average old time diner but a huge place.  Nothing different on the menu.  They don't have migas which is something I like here in the Southwest.  At home I make them with left over corn tortillas or chips, potatoes, sausage, green chile and scramble that into eggs with cheese on top.  At the Grill I usually have a cheese omelette.

But, I'm getting away from the sketching.

For Hunt 689  https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/scavenger-hunt-689-august-6-august-14/


Number 8, red - ketchup at Texas Grill with ball point pen and Precise Roller when I got home, on a coaster.


 

Today was on the porch - yikes!  Friday the 13th!  Number 7 (numbered out of order as I forgot the coaster sketch) - queen  Sketched in the big book with a new Sharpie pen and colored with the Precise V7 roller.  We play Telefunken, a progressive rummy game at family get togethers.  They play for me as I played in Bolivia.  I'm pretty sure that most of the family have fun with it ... margaritas always help.


Number 5 jar and Number 6 pickle- sub pickle relish and Number 7 ice pick.  Sketched out on the porch day before yesterday in the big book with the Micron 02 and colored pencil.  

I finished the pastel painting and ordered a frame.  More about that tomorrow....


6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Sometimes routine is good and sometimes not. My computer is in my art room. Rarely do I carry it into the living room where I sit in my recliner and read or whatever. Therefore, I am way behind on my blog and my blog reading. You are about the only blog I read these days. Talk about a rut! I may have to call you to catch up on our lives.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I understand completely. It is hard to keep up with blogs. I use a blog reader so I can see if any of the ones I read have posted. It just takes too long to visit every blog. We could talk once in a while, eh?

Joan Tavolott said...

It is good to change things up a bit once in a while. I haven't been out for a real breakfast in ages...maybe I should do something about that. lol I don't get to read too many blogs any more either. I hope that means I am doing something more productive. lol I'm always glad when I can catch up on a few. My problem is with Blogger not letting me post sometimes. I have found that if I log in and do a new post and then go to "view this blog" I can usually read other blogs and post to them without getting a message that there's an error. That's frustrating!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you. Blogger hasn't given me much trouble but I hear they do from others. I use Firefox for my browser and have it set up to clear cookies and cache every time I quit it. Sometimes for forms for taxes or like when I signed up for the vaccine, I had to use Google Chrome. I avoid Google when I can. Except my blog. Ha. Hope you get to eat out. I know you enjoy that, too.

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Lovely work Jo and very inspiring, this is what was missing by not being able to blog. Maybe I should give Firefox a try. I always use google. Thanks for visiting my blog. Take care.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi, jsicignano, Joan S. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you fine a solution to your blog problems. I was wondering why you hadn't posted in a while. I like your latest small landscapes.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (131) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (980) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1804) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)